Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curly, my dog, Rest in piece.

Boolit Master

Curly, my dog, Rest in piece.

Don't know where to put this, but having many here as dear friends, just had to get this off my heart.

Curly, my Yorkie, who was 15 years old, suffered a stroke, and I had to have him put down.

Little guy helped me through many rough times, unconditional love. All you, who have these special friends know of what I speak.

Attachment 257129
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I am so sorry for your loss - They are never with us long enough - I suspect he will be there waiting for you when you get there. I hope so. In the mean time, May the Good Lord ease your suffering and may His presence be felt by you.
    Being human is not for sissies.

I have a old dog who is 16 and he is still my wife and my best friend. I am sure you gave Curly a great life and that is all any of us can hope for. Sorry for your loss.

Jedman

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss. It always hurts to loose a good friend. RIP Curly!

Boolit Master

I'm sorry for your loss we had to put one of our dogs down last fall it's tough But give it some time maybe adopt one from a shelter we did
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

I feel your pain, so sorry for your loss. Dog's unconditional loyalty is what gets me...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Buddy
    Condolences. You did right by him, and I know how tough it is to lose a long time friend like Curly.

Boolit Buddy

Condolences sir. I know the grief.

Boolit Master
    I've been there myself and know what you're going through. Please accept my condolences.

Boolit Master
    So sorry for your loss.
    R.D.M.

Very sorry for your loss. The loss of one of our furry friends is something that is hard to describe.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Banned
    I am extremely sorry for your loss. Only someone that has suffered a loss like this can truly understand how you feel. Loosing a dear friend a K9 companion is like loosing a family member and sometimes more. I know this may sound strange but I have found that replacing your loved one with another helps with the loss. Over the last 50 years I have had to put down a number of German Shepherds that I have loved with all my heart. It hurts immensely and you question your judgement for putting them down. Yet you know that putting them down ends their suffering and is the only humane thing to do. I hope that you will try to concentrate only on the good times you have had with your friend over the years. God Bless You for having given a good life to a good animal.

Moderator Emeritus

Hickock, they are family, fur babies, etc. Our run our home and want to be on top of us....I know what you are going through and I pray that God gives you comfort and reflection on the great time you two had together.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    My condolences, friend. I just went through the same thing with my 14 y/o border collie. It truly breaks your heart. I do believe that our fur kids will be there to greet us when our time comes. Take heart knowing that God gave us dominion over animals and you actually gave him a gift that we cannot give to fellow humans. Curly's suffering is no more, and he is happier than ever now in God's hands.

My condolences for your loss. Those little " ornamental" dogs tug your heart even more than the big ones, sometimes. My wife's deer head Chihuahua is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. She definitely runs things- the three big mutts that live outdoors give her space. It's always hard to lose a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss, We loss 3 of our dogs in the last 2 years and I feel your pain...…………..curdog

Boolit Master

So sorry for your loss, condolences it is never easy when it occurs.

Boolit Master
    R.I.P. Curley.It``s never easy.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss & my sincerest condolences. It’s hard to lose a great friend but Curly will always have a special place in your heart!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Why Dogs Never Die… This Guy Completely Nails It.

Bryce Harper

Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to “death”, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say:” No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.” Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone ( exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging it’s tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: “Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.”

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not “dead.” There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.

This is so true, and this guy really captured it perfectly. SHARE this with your dog-loving friends
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast