RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Looking for a ~.441-.442 sizing die.

Looking for a ~.441-.442 sizing die.

Looking for a ~.441-.442 sizing die. Push thru preferably, but one for a Lyman 4500 would work too.

Working things up for my 43 Spanish. An as cast pure lead sizes at ~.446 and can manage to squeeze it in the chamber. But really need it sized down to at least .444. Bore slugs at .444. Need a smaller die that I can diddle with and see how close I can come to a .444 bullet to match the bore and still chamber easily. Posting her (as well as in for sale section) as I figure regulars here would understand what I am looking for/trying to do. Thanx

Boolit Master
    Try S & S firearms in NY if they don't have it they can make one. If I remember right they run about 40.00 plus shipping.

Boolit Buddy
    North East Trading Co. www.northeasttradeco.com. Not one of his standard sizes, but he'll make it. I just ordered a .460 from him.

Boolit Master

Lee will make them as well.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Thanx!

Boolit Master
    Lyman lists a .439" diameter sizer in their product listing. I would order one of those and hone it out to the desired final diameter. It won't take a horrible long time to do this. If you can find them, pin gauges in your final destination range would be a real benefit to your work. I would stop at .440 and test size a few boolits in that diameter die, then carefully measure them after reducing them. Watch out for lead spring-back and don't over-do the honing or you may get to do it a second time. The original plunger for this .339" die should still function perfectly in the new diameter die. Good luck with your project. (And who knows, the .339" sizer may actually give you exactly what you need...)

I lucked up and found a batch that included .439, .442 and .446. Just awaiting arrival