Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugly pistol I didn't think it possible but...

Boolit Buddy
    Home made pistols maybe homely but they're still cool 'cus you made them but some mfg'd pistols are down right ugly.

Lets not forget my favorite ugly pistol, the Ram Line Exactor!

And if that ain't ugly enough they made a target model dubbed "the clown gun"!

Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    May I present Ugly:

It was ugly of someone to “ Fitz” a S&W.....usually they were Colts......and yes they are ugly. Lots of worthy entrants here, it’s hard to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfswithwolves View Post
    Mr. ScrapMetal- I'd certainly agree with this Zip Gun being the ugliest handgun that has ever been manufactured. The ergonomics of holding it also must have been horrendous. It is said not to have functioned properly at all, and it did bring down a company famed for building wonderful revolvers. So sad!
    I actually held one in my hands but couldn't figure out how to hold it in a firing position. To make matters worse, you had to cock it by basically putting your finger on the end of the barrel and pulling that rectangular section back towards the "frame". Absolutely terrifying.

-Ron

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMetal View Post
    I actually held one in my hands but couldn't figure out how to hold it in a firing position. To make matters worse, you had to cock it by basically putting your finger on the end of the barrel and pulling that rectangular section back towards the "frame". Absolutely terrifying.

-Ron
    As I remember, the owner of the company had some serious mental problems come up, as evidenced by dropping the highly sought after revolvers in favor of the Zip. Not making that up or exaggerating. He proclaimed that the Zip was the future of firearms and the gun rags struggled to say something nice about it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123