RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee 6 Cavity TL309-230-5R

Boolit Buddy

Lee 6 Cavity TL309-230-5R

Any interest in getting a group buy for a 6 cavity version of this bullet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90307-01.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	257016

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-02-17 19-49-40.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	257017

Boolit Buddy
    Any interest in this? This is my favorite 300 blackout bullet.

Boolit Buddy
    Not sure how much traction this will get on this forum, but I think if Lee put this in their line-up they would sell like crazy. I'd guess 80% of the people I've seen that cast subs for 300 are using this mold. I ended up getting 2 of the 2 cavity molds to run at the same time to speed up production.

I'm A Honcho!
    I will pick this one up. I think it would be best to make it a solid only and run it as a 6 cavity brass or a 6 cavity Lee Style Alumimum with MP molds. I will check with him and see what the lead time on the cherry would be. Please check the drawing and make sure the dimensions are correct.

Lets talk diameter. I think it should run in two diameters. .308 and .310. Could a .308 or a tad smaller be cast coated and shot without sizing?

Bluejay.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

I’m in on any group buy. Not sure how they work.

Ray

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    I’m in on any group buy. Not sure how they work.

Ray
    This one is a baby...But with the popularity of this boolit Im going to go ahead and put one together for this one. It may be 4-6 months to get to the minimum in my opinion because it is a popular mold. Keep an eye out. After discussion it will appear as a regular group buy then sign up according to the instructions on the buy.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

No hurries, no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    This one is a baby...But with the popularity of this boolit Im going to go ahead and put one together for this one. It may be 4-6 months to get to the minimum in my opinion because it is a popular mold. Keep an eye out. After discussion it will appear as a regular group buy then sign up according to the instructions on the buy.

Boolit Buddy
    The drawing is from the Lee website. https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/90307.pdf
    I size all of mine. I would want a .308 diameter. .311 diameter would be good for the guys loading 7.62x54r and the .303 British guys.
    If I could get an 8 cavity, that would be nice. I would settle for a 6 cavity though.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomR View Post
    The drawing is from the Lee website. https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/90307.pdf
    I size all of mine. I would want a .308 diameter. .311 diameter would be good for the guys loading 7.62x54r and the .303 British guys.
    If I could get an 8 cavity, that would be nice. I would settle for a 6 cavity though.
    How about with and without the boat tail. Might shave off 15-20 grains and provide more options for other than 300 BO shooters.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    How about with and without the boat tail. Might shave off 15-20 grains and provide more options for other than 300 BO shooters.
    I know some don't like the boat tail. I prefer the boat tail design.
    I bet some people would want a gas check version.

Boolit Master

There are much better boolits out there.

Many people start with that Lee boolit and soon leave it behind. I was one of them. Even powder coated that boolit is still undersized and will fall through my .310 sizing bushing.

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-...d-multichoice/

Already available in a six cavity aluminum mold.
    NRA Benefactor.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post

Many people start with that Lee boolit and soon leave it behind. I was one of them. Even powder coated that boolit is still undersized and will fall through my .310 sizing bushing.

I understand where you’re coming from sir. But a ton of people bought it and stuck with it. Have loads developed for it and may not want to start over. I personally don’t shoot subs. But with the popularity of the Mold, it will generate buys. I will be patient about running it. If it generates the interest it may be worth a try.

Banned
    IF it's a group buy couldn't you just get Lee to make a fatter version? I know they would have to make new cherries but --------

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post

I don't like the looks of that bullet. I don't want to work up a new load for a new bullet when I have a bunch of these loaded already.
    Furthermore, I can ring a 12x20 steel plate at 150 yards with the Lee bullet.

Boolit Buddy
    I would like to have an option to remove the lube grooves.

Aren't some guys having issue with the.300 section just in front of the driving band when powdercoating? I have a 2 cav but haven't used it yet so not sure if it works yet or not for me. Id love this with no bt.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by adcoch1 View Post
    Aren't some guys having issue with the.300 section just in front of the driving band when powdercoating? I have a 2 cav but haven't used it yet so not sure if it works yet or not for me. Id love this with no bt.
    Once in a while I will get a bullet that has a thick spot of powder coat on the .300 part of the bullet. 99.7% of the time I have no problems with powder coating this bullet.

I'm in. I'd prefer without the lube groves as well. I might get this before I get the Lee I ordered from midway early December

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by adcoch1 View Post
    Omgosh I enjoy this bullet in 300 Blackout. The mold drops undersize and out of round so tumble lubed it is worthless. However, after 2 coats of powder coat which builds the diameter big enough, the sizing die forces the diameter round and .309 for my Ruger American Ranch bolt gun. I’m 1 moa supersonic at 100yds using Accurate 1680.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast