Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess I'm getting old; new mattress time.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I remember back in the days I could sleep on rocks on a mountainside and get a good night's sleep. Now I'm more like "The Princess and the Pea". I ordered a memory foam top, hoping it helps.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

After a week or so of sleeping on it, I think it was a good purchase. It is firmer than what I like, but my body is slowly adjusting to it.

I've had a sciatic nerve issue in my left hip area for about a month now that the old mattress seemed to be exacerbating. Now I wake up and I'm pain free and sleep like a log through the night, not moving at all. But as soon as I get out of bed and start moving, the pain comes back. I need to go to a chiropractor. My girlfriend is getting impatient with me griping about the pain and is about at the end of her rope in telling me to make an appointment.

But the bed stand, a Zinus 14" steel version, is rock solid. The old mattress was on a box spring and traditional metal frame and when I came to bed at 0400 (I work graveyard) it would squeak and move and wake my girlfriend up. The new set up is absolutely solid and quiet and she sleeps through me getting in or out of bed. She also said it is very comfortable and loves it.

For the price of a Glock, it was a good investment. Funny how these days I gauge a purchase by what firearm I could buy with the money.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12