Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingPBcastcoLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Any info on older Lee moulds?

Boolit Buddy

Any info on older Lee moulds?

Gents - I recently took delivery on an older, but near new 41 - 240 SWC PB 2 cavity mould. I've been casually looking for one for a few years. I was very excited on it's arrival to see that it appears it was smoked, never used at all and put away in it's original box, which is stamped in red ink with 90332. I have purchased several Lee's over the years, starting in high school nearly 40 years ago. Today I decided to "inventory" my Lee's and put together a list of what I have on hand. I found 2 older single cavity ones, which do not have the typical 5 digit Lee number on them. Does anyone know when Lee started their numbering system for the moulds or know of a source for referencing older Lee's? I located an older post by Uncle Grinch on a list of mould numbers, but looking to find additional info, if any is available - Thanks for your time - Bill in MA

Moderator Emeritus

Lee ran many duplicates with its numbering system making it hard to find a mold by number. In their catalogs it has always been diameter and weight.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Maybe you can ask Lee what information they can help you with.

Boolit Grand Master

You can also ask around at the Lee Loader Forum , they have info on all things Lee , including moulds .

www.lee-loader.com

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    MTGianni - I have seen this when I tried to look up an older mould number thru Lee, the number had be "reissued - reused" as a reference number on a newer and completely different mould, I wish I could recall but the ones involved, but it was a few years ago.
    GregLaROCHE - That was my last resort, but figured that the info that I was seeking would probably be older than the CS reps answering the phone. Similar to the CS reps at Lyman, when I called asking for the proper top punch for a 454629 - a run for the Freedom Arms 454. CS Lady was pleasant enough, but said they never made it, yet I was staring at it in my hands at the time, but would have someone else look into it and call me, which never happened. Thankfully a seller on EB posted one in the the original box, so I found the info on the end label from the picture.
    gwpercle - Thank you for that lead, I will look into that forum.

I thought there may be a few out there that collect older Lee's, like some do with older Lyman's. I'll keep looking into it as well - Thank you for the info! Bill in MA