RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Mr Bullet Feeder

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    The MBF droppers are the best. They can’t not work. Unlike the piece of junk hornady design droppers that can’t work ever. You won’t be sorry.
    Actually I beg to differ. They can get clogged up with bullet lube and cease to function. That is why I sourced a bag of the balls to have on hand. When the balls get dirty I take them out and replace them with clean ones and clean up the ones I removed. Oh, never tried the Hornady but the RCBS work great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    Lee sells a 4 tube feeder and I have adopted one to Hornady bullet feeders and I'm sure it could be adapted to a Mr. Bullet Feeder.
    https://leeprecision.com/multi-tube-feeder.html
    Sells just the tubes too:
    https://leeprecision.com/parts/reloa...-feeder-parts/
    just sayin'
    Typical of Lee the parts are cheap and prone to breakage. Yes, I did adapt the Lee to work on my Mr. Bullet feeder dropper but I spent more time playing with it than I did loading so I pulled it back off. Best to keep the Lee stuff with the Lee press as such. Oh, the tubes are a specific size. Smaller OD and thinner wall construction so they don't fit with anything else.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Actually I beg to differ. They can get clogged up with bullet lube and cease to function. That is why I sourced a bag of the balls to have on hand. When the balls get dirty I take them out and replace them with clean ones and clean up the ones I removed. Oh, never tried the Hornady but the RCBS work great.
    Use a harder type of lube and ad a little mica powder after lubing. Never had them clogg up.

Banned
    I went to a very hard "Blue Color " lube that is high temp for the Arizona area and it will still clog the balls up after 500 rounds. Adding mica would only add the mica powder to the lube buildup on the balls.

Boolit Mold
    Never had that problem. Loaded a couple of thousand rounds without clogging up. Only cleaned the MBF once when i changed to PC. I use a hard lube and preheat my RCBS lube-a-matic. After sizing a batch i add one or 2 teaspoons of mica powder and shake well.

Banned
    All I can say is I have used the Mr. Bullet feeder dropper assembly since it first came out. I've tried various lubes and powders and never came across anything yet that worked. Now, I'm not going to get into an argument but I will tell you that you will get buildup of lube on the balls and the internals and adding something else will make it cling to the balls that are already compromised with lube. I've tried various powders with zero effect. The bullets come directly from my Magma/Star sizer into the bullet dropper after cooling down.

I glad it works for you I however have experienced different results.

Boolit Mold
    The lube i use is as hard as candle wax when it is cool. Maybe that is why it doesn’t stick to the balls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 102E459B-D508-4954-A1BB-B7E0D51B2DA3.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Typical of Lee the parts are cheap and prone to breakage. Yes, I did adapt the Lee to work on my Mr. Bullet feeder dropper but I spent more time playing with it than I did loading so I pulled it back off. Best to keep the Lee stuff with the Lee press as such. Oh, the tubes are a specific size. Smaller OD and thinner wall construction so they don't fit with anything else.
    OH, OK, never mind

Edit: a simple wrap of tape will make a smaller tube any size you need/want. I use longer/preloaded tubes that hold 50+ 9mm, after 2, I have to stop to add primers anyways.
    Last edited by Kenstone; 02-25-2020 at 10:13 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Banned
    I understand the concept of tape on a tube. I'm just mentioning the quality of the Lee tubes isn't for everyone namely me. I personally don't like the thin wall tubes again just me. I purchase my tubes for 9mm on line .500 OD, ..379 ID their not flimsy like the Lee tubes.

Boolit Master
    I understand the concept of tape on a tube. I'm just mentioning the quality of the Lee tubes isn't for everyone namely me. I personally don't like the thin wall tubes again just me. I purchase my tubes for 9mm on line .500 OD, ..379 ID their not flimsy like the Lee tubes.
    I made that tape comment as you inferred those tubes would not work, which could have kept other posters from trying them.

I understand how you could feel that way about the Lee stuff, I'm just adding options other than the Mr. Bullet Feeder multi tube magazine.
    The one you seem to have problems with also.
    Many "bullet tube" users have been using the thinner aquarium type tubing (not just "LEE" tubes) for years without reporting any problems, only praise.
    There's no need to further defend your experience/opinions to me/quote/or pick apart my posts, I'm quite comfortable with what I do and how I do it.
    I post to help others not debate you and because you couldn't get something to work does not mean that whole company line is "cheap and prone to breakage".
    I will read your last word post here, as I'm sure there will be one, and then add you to my ignore list.
    Last edited by Kenstone; 02-26-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Banned
    Lets clarify here. The problem I have with the Mr. Bullet feeder tube array is with the 22 caliber version for my .223 setup. After one usage it developed burrs inside and won't feed reliably. Sure the lee tubes might work. I drill a hole in both ends and install as pull pin in the tubes I use. My experience with the Lee shows the tube cracks/breaks where I put a pin thru. The thinner aquarium tubes are of a different plastic construction and do work reliably. I tend to look for the ones with dimensions that I listed. There are others with tighter ID's which can contribute to bullets not wanting to drop without a weight stick on top of the column of bullets to provide a downward force. Note my experience is with lead bullets that have been sized and lubed. Jacketed bullets do work fine in the aquarium tubes where lead bullets work best with the tubes with the larger ID.

For the record I'm not picking apart your posts and remember I do have the right to post without checking content with you. Since I am experienced in a lot of different fields I have also tried a number of things. When I find something that is questionable or simply is a waste of time I will challenge it in the case of the Lee tubes. I could post pictures if I need to to back up my experiences with the Lee tubes and the Lee bullet feeder that I attempted to mount on the Mr. Bullet feeder dropper assembly which resulted in bullets all over my bench when it fell over. The Lee setup is best left to the Lee reloading press. I am a firm believer in aftermarket bullet tubes. Like I mentioned the rigid fish aquarium tubes do work and work ok But if you search a little more you will find the tubes I use with the thicker walls which work even better for the same money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12