WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Mr Bullet Feeder

Boolit Buddy

Mini Mr Bullet Feeder

Has anyone used this with PC’d cast boolits?

I’m using an LnL AP. I find that I want at least some automation and, to be blunt, the case feeder creates more work than it saves, so I’m going to part with it. I might be happy with just a bullet feed die where I’d just drop one by hand in the top of the die, though if I’m going to spend money I’ll probably just get the full mini mbf setup.

I know that Hornady and Rcbs bullet feed dies tend not to work with cast boolits. Does this one?

Boolit Master

the mr bullet feeder works great with pc'ed boolits-------but only the special ones with out lube groves. the groves get stuck in the feed mech and wont drop reliably if at all. you can get the case feeder to work but it does require a lot of tweeking to get it running right
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    the mr bullet feeder works great with pc'ed boolits-------but only the special ones with out lube groves. the groves get stuck in the feed mech and wont drop reliably if at all. you can get the case feeder to work but it does require a lot of tweeking to get it running right
    I don’t agree.

I can get 9mm cases to drop reliably. What I can’t do is prevent 1 in 5 of them from bouncing off the sub plate and landing somewhere on the floor. There is no tweak that is going to fix that. There is no tweak that is going fix cases refusing to enter the shellplate slot because the case head is hanging on the case retainer spring.

The case feeder is gone. I’m done with it.

I don’t have a huge investment in molds yet. I can stand to buy a couple of grooveless molds. Unless anyone knows of a bullet feeder that works with the grooved boolits.

Boolit Mold
    It works for me with 158gr SWC from RCBS and SAECO. I use it for .357.

Banned

You use a spring to pull the bullet feeder tube down and it stops the dropped bullets.

Boolit Master
    I use the Mr Bullet feed die in 5 different calibers and they work like a dream. I do NOT use their feeder. Instead, I use a simple setup of rigid aquarium tubing and PVC to reliably feed bullets to the dies. Each tube holds 50+ rounds and can be swapped in less than 10 seconds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3728.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	256898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3730.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	256899
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohica793 View Post
    I use the Mr Bullet feed die in 5 different calibers and they work like a dream. I do NOT use their feeder. Instead, I use a simple setup of rigid aquarium tubing and PVC to reliably feed bullets to the dies. Each tube holds 50+ rounds and can be swapped in less than 10 seconds.

Is this working with cast boolits?

The GSI’s are my favorite for cast bullets but were only made for Dillon’s. Feeders, case or bullet, don’t do much if they are not fed by a collator.

In the end you are picking up a bullet, orienting it nose up and setting it into a hole, one by one, either into a case or into a tube.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp81 View Post
    Is this working with cast boolits?
    Works with everything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    The GSI’s are my favorite for cast bullets but were only made for Dillon’s. Feeders, case or bullet, don’t do much if they are not fed by a collator.

In the end you are picking up a bullet, orienting it nose up and setting it into a hole, one by one, either into a case or into a tube.
    I was always going to make a tube setup so that the sized lubed bullets exiting my Star/Magma bullet sizer lubricator would simply exit the Star/Magma and go right into a tube and be captured and ready to simply put on the bullet dropper assembly on the Dillon press. This would eliminate the need to manually fill the bullet tube. This is for us folks that are monetarily challenged (retired fixed income).

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I was always going to make a tube setup so that the sized lubed bullets exiting my Star/Magma bullet sizer lubricator would simply exit the Star/Magma and go right into a tube and be captured and ready to simply put on the bullet dropper assembly on the Dillon press. This would eliminate the need to manually fill the bullet tube. This is for us folks that are monetarily challenged (retired fixed income).
    When SPP 45 ACP brass started showing up around 2003 and I had to inspect every case, I too made some PVC tubes, much like the primer tubes we are accustomed to but larger and dropped them in a longer feed tube, every 25 cases. Once I improved my process I passed them on to a good friend of mine that always told me how well they worked until he passed away last year.

Boolit Master

where did you get the tube, everything I have found is either to big or to small.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    where did you get the tube, everything I have found is either to big or to small.
    PetMountain.com. They had various sizes available which handle 9mm, 30 and 45 among others.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    You use a spring to pull the bullet feeder tube down and it stops the dropped bullets.
    He is correct. Its something you can add in just a few minutes. Stay clear of the guy on ebay that sells a washer and spring for $19.95 On my 550 die holder I simply drilled a hole in the side of the die holder for the spring and I use a 6/32 screw with nut. I did the same for my 650. While I like my 45acp bullet dropper from Mr Bullet I've found that the RCBS units work just as good for less money. The Mr. Bullet dropping assemblies require frequent cleaning with lubed bullets. I purchased a sack of the balls same diameter as what is inside the dropper. When things fail to work I simply drop out the dirty balls and replace with clean ones and it works for probably another 500 rounds or so.

Banned
    PetMountain.com. They had various sizes available which handle 9mm, 30 and 45 among others.
    I use plastic water pipe for my 45caliber bullet tubes. When I was still working I picked up a bunch at job sites from the scrap bin. I simply straightened them and they fit perfectly in the Mr. Bullet dropper assembly. On 9mm there are several ID's available from different sources. I tend to look for an ID that will give me some rattle around room in the tube otherwise some of the others will work but some require that you use a piece of metal to provide a constant pressure on the bullets in the tube to keep them from sticking to the walls.

Banned
    Example... for 9mm you want to find something with an ID inner dim of say around .375 which give you enough wiggle room so the bullets will drop ok. I looked on the Pet Mountain site yesterday and they have a nice variety of tube with .031 wall. The OD the only thing you have to worry about is if its smaller which can be fixed with some painters tape wrapped around the bottom to get rid of the play when you insert it into the dropper.

Boolit Master
    The OP is asking about the mini bullet feeder, which is 4 tubes in a turret that you manually rotate and fill. Mine works with cast boolits.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/ca/mini-mr-bulletfeeder

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    The OP is asking about the mini bullet feeder, which is 4 tubes in a turret that you manually rotate and fill. Mine works with cast boolits.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/ca/mini-mr-bulletfeeder
    Actually when you go back to post #1 the thread starter mentions dropping bullets in the top of the bullet feed die. So you can draw the conclusion it may also be a single tube bullet dropper assembly which sold in the neighborhood of $100. new.

I bought mine from a guy on ebay that was making and selling them. Its unfortunate that he didn't get a patent for it because if he had them Mr. Bulletfeeder wouldn't have been able to copy it. The only difference is mine has 4 tubes and Mr. Bullet feeder has 6. My bullet dropper setup also works with my Star/Magma bullet sizer lubricator.

Mr. Bullet feeder started out selling their single tube setup and then progressed to the expensive six tube setup.

I bought one for .223's and it worked fine for the first 500 rounds and from there on it won't function consistently.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 02-18-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Actually when you go back to post #1 the thread starter mentions dropping bullets in the top of the bullet feed die. So you can draw the conclusion it may also be a single tube bullet dropper assembly which sold in the neighborhood of $100. new.

I bought mine from a guy on ebay that was making and selling them. Its unfortunate that he didn't get a patent for it because if he had them Mr. Bulletfeeder wouldn't have been able to copy it. The only difference is mine has 4 tubes and Mr. Bullet feeder has 6. My bullet dropper setup also works with my Star/Magma bullet sizer lubricator.

Mr. Bullet feeder started out selling their single tube setup and then progressed to the expensive six tube setup.

I bought one for .223's and it worked fine for the first 500 rounds and from there on it won't function consistently.
    Lee sells a 4 tube feeder and I have adopted one to Hornady bullet feeders and I'm sure it could be adapted to a Mr. Bullet Feeder.
    https://leeprecision.com/multi-tube-feeder.html
    Sells just the tubes too:
    https://leeprecision.com/parts/reloa...-feeder-parts/
    just sayin'
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

The MBF droppers are the best. They can’t not work. Unlike the piece of junk hornady design droppers that can’t work ever. You won’t be sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast