Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I favor the Hornady Lock and load powder measure in the 550 press.

Banned
    Try using powders like H110 and H335 thru them and weigh each charge and note the variation in the charges. The ONLY way I got any of my Dillon powder measures to throw these two powders consistently was to highly polish the powder bars. Polishing the internals did absolutely nothing nor did replacing the baffle with a larger one. As I mentioned the barrel type of powder measure does throw more consistently. The Hornady with the optional linkage to adapt it to reloader operation in my experience produces excellent results. Powder measures the older hand operated ones like the RCBS rely on the operator being able to duplicate his ability to consistently apply the same amount of force. Too much force and the load could be .1 or .2 gr heavier.

My 650 leaks a little Titegroup consistently, would this fix that?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My 650 leaks a little Titegroup consistently, would this fix that?
    I can’t comment on Dillon as I don’t have one but use a ton of Bullseye and Titegroup and no leakage from any of the Hornady powder measures I have.

Boolit Master

I use Dillon measures and they work fine, but I do all pistol loading. Just my thought on it from my experience loading 410 shotgun on a MEC jr. Seems to me filling up a round hole would be more accurate/consistent than a square hole, due to the corners. I had to modify my MEC in this way to make it work, as 410 gives you little room for error, being so small. Makes me want to modify one of my Herters measures for loading .32 ammo. It works using the Dillon, but I do sense some differences in the ammo, going by sound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12