Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Trophy trs 25 any good?

Bushnell Trophy trs 25 any good?

Is the Bushnell Trophy TRS 25 Red Dot any good?

Boolit Master
    Not very in my experience. I had two of them and both had a LOT of parallax. I've some others that didn't have as much. I bought them just to see how they were after seeing a lot of people trying them out. I'll stick with ones that cost a bit more but offer a bit more.....just my experience.

Boolit Master
    You get what you pay for in optics. I purchased one to see what all the hoopla was about. Nothing special. OK, for a plinker. Don't expect a perfectly clear round dot...............more like a starburst. It isn't my eyesight, like others will lead one to believe. My more expensive red dot sights don't exhibit this phenomenon. BTW, never had a inexpensive Bushnell, stand up to the amount of shooting I do...........I won't buy that brand, anymore.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    I considered purchasing the Trs 25, but went with the AT3 RD-50. A little mor expensive, but it has a 2 MOA dot. However, I have not shot with it yet. I mounted it on a Mossberg 12 ga.

Banned

I used to use them. For the money there good units. Main reason I wont buy them anymore is the market is flooded with clones and you don't know till you get it if its a real one or not. That and anymore you pay 75 bucks for one and for 40 bucks more I can get a sig Romeo 5 that battery life is measured in years not hours. Even a vortex for a few more dollars then that is a better bet. Both have lifetime warrantees and bushnell does not give a lifetime warrantee with electronic stuff like red dots. But I will say if you get a real one there a good rugged sight

Boolit Grand Master
    +1 with Lloyd.

Boolit Buddy
    I have three of them on my hunting guns (Mossy 500 Turkey gun, No4Mk1 and K31) and haven't had a problem with any of them after 4-5 years. Fairly high round counts with heavy loads. Excellent battery life, reliable in all weather conditions, rain, sleet, snow down to -8 F. Each holds zero year to year and plenty accurate out to 100 yards. Guessing they'd be good at longer ranges but I don't have any place to shoot farther than 100 yards.

A heck of a value in my opinion.

Be well

Are the Truglo's any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster340 View Post
    I have three of them on my hunting guns (Mossy 500 Turkey gun, No4Mk1 and K31) and haven't had a problem with any of them after 4-5 years. Fairly high round counts with heavy loads. Excellent battery life, reliable in all weather conditions, rain, sleet, snow down to -8 F. Each holds zero year to year and plenty accurate out to 100 yards. Guessing they'd be good at longer ranges but I don't have any place to shoot farther than 100 yards.

A heck of a value in my opinion.

+1

I bought 2 @ WallyWorld a few years ago @ $25ea because they no longer had the original boxes/packaging.

I mounted one on a Savage 1899 and the other on an Ithaca Deerslayer shotgun - both have given me N.P., and have bought home the bacon several times each.

What looks like parallax in a sight with magnification (i.e., a scope) makes no difference in the POI with a (1x) red dot sight.

The nice thing about red dot sights is that the dot needn't be centered in the sight window to hit it's zero - handy when a surprise jump shot on game is offered, and the gun is mounted very rapidly.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Banned

Look up the SIG Romeo5. 50K hour battery life. Made by Holosun. So is the Vortex and the Primary Arms. But the Sig is usually the cheapest. Just make sure to buy from someone you trust. Price is creeping up. You can find them for about $119 shipped right now.

Optics are VERY clear on the ones I looked at. Usually these have a blue or green tint to the glass. But these are clear. Heck I would say better than the real Aimpoints that I have looked through.

Boolit Master
    What looks like parallax in a sight with magnification (i.e., a scope) makes no difference in the POI with a (1x) red dot sight.
    Wrong! Sit the sight on a table and center the image at 25 yards. Now, move your head around. The dot will move up to 3" off the center of the target. It's that simple. If you still don't believe it, mount it on a gun and repeat. You'll easily find parallax.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I used to use them. For the money there good units. Main reason I wont buy them anymore is the market is flooded with clones and you don't know till you get it if its a real one or not. That and anymore you pay 75 bucks for one and for 40 bucks more I can get a sig Romeo 5 that battery life is measured in years not hours. Even a vortex for a few more dollars then that is a better bet. Both have lifetime warrantees and bushnell does not give a lifetime warrantee with electronic stuff like red dots. But I will say if you get a real one there a good rugged sight
    I think I had rather have a Clone......

Banned

the Romeo5 has become my favorite with the vortex sparc second. Romeo is small light and can be left on so theres no searching for switches to slow you down when something goes bump in the night. I have one on my bedroom pump 12 and its held up to hundreds of rounds of 3 inch buck and slugs. Bought my first one 3 years ago and its still on the same battery that came with it. No clones to worry about and like was said a 120 bucks any day and I picked up my last one for 105. About 25 bucks more then a trs25 that might or might not be an actuall trs25. Kind of a no brainer to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Look up the SIG Romeo5. 50K hour battery life. Made by Holosun. So is the Vortex and the Primary Arms. But the Sig is usually the cheapest. Just make sure to buy from someone you trust. Price is creeping up. You can find them for about $119 shipped right now.

Optics are VERY clear on the ones I looked at. Usually these have a blue or green tint to the glass. But these are clear. Heck I would say better than the real Aimpoints that I have looked through.

Boolit Master
    +1 on the Romeo 5. It's a very good sight for the money. No, it's an excellent sight for the money. Nice round dot, durable (I know people shooting the heck out of them on AR type rifles), and tracks very well.

Banned

well ive got 5 sig Romeo 5s 3 vortex strikefires and 2 vortex sparc and have had exactly ZERO problems with them. So why would you prefer a Chinese knock off clone of a cheaper sight then one of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    I think I had rather have a Clone......

Boolit Master
    I have the Halosun version sold by Primary Arms. It is a zero magnification 2 moa dot. I have tried to find parallax error in it but can't. I fire a 5 shot 2" group at 100yds. One shot from the center and all 4 corners of the view area and they group into 2" or less. I can live with that kind of "parallax".
    I can't shoot the irons on my AR any better than this.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Get out of my head Lloyd!!

EXACT story here. I have three. Best of my knowledge all are “real”. One is and has been on a expensive bullseye pistol when its Aimpoint died and this was thrown on to be a stand in. ZERO NOTICEABLE PARALLAX!! Im talking many years of service and I hold a master classification in Bullseye. These work. But like many out today thes are copied many many times POORLY.

HOLOSUN IS A COMPANY making dots for others a d by and large with excellent quality. Many SIG sights for example are Made by Holosun.

My next will be a Holosun 403 some such..

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Wrong! Sit the sight on a table and center the image at 25 yards. Now, move your head around. The dot will move up to 3" off the center of the target. It's that simple. If you still don't believe it, mount it on a gun and repeat. You'll easily find parallax.

The proof's in the pudding...………..and, I've been using red dot sights ever since the first one I got - an Aimpoint in 1975.

Instead of doing a table test, if anyone actually shoots the gun with the previously zeroed red dot off-center, they'll find that the POI will be spot on. (BT,DT - NTS)

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    I've owned many, many red dots over the years and I shot them in major competitions. I've probably had twenty-five or so of them. I'm also a very good competition shooter. I had two of these red dots and they had a lot of parallax. I've seen some that didn't have any. I have no problem identifying it when it's there and it's not hard to find. I'll stand by my experience and ability. You simply don't see any top competitors shooting these things or even recommending them. You get what you pay for at this price point and this product.

Banned

do a search and you can find how to tell if yours are real or not. Its a stamp on the bottom side of the 25 not the bottom of the mount so you have to take it off the mount to tell. Nothing wrong with them if you have a real one. Ive used them myself for many years and never had one fail in any way other then dead batterys when I left them on. What kind of aim point did you have that failed. I don't think ive ever even heard of one of them failing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Get out of my head Lloyd!!

EXACT story here. I have three. Best of my knowledge all are “real”. One is and has been on a expensive bullseye pistol when its Aimpoint died and this was thrown on to be a stand in. ZERO NOTICEABLE PARALLAX!! Im talking many years of service and I hold a master classification in Bullseye. These work. But like many out today thes are copied many many times POORLY.

HOLOSUN IS A COMPANY making dots for others a d by and large with excellent quality. Many SIG sights for example are Made by Holosun.

My next will be a Holosun 403 some such..

CW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast