RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Does the PC come off in the barrel? NO!

Boolit Master

Does the PC come off in the barrel? NO!

Yesterday I finally got around to cleaning my Uberti 1873 Winchester clone. Shame on me for letting it go so long. Its a .45 Colt. I think I must have had at least 500 rounds through it since the last cleaning. All I've been shooting through it were 260 gr. lrnfp bullets that I powder coated. Although I didn't use Smoke's powder, I did use a high quality powder. Talk about a build up of powder residue! WOW! But a couple of passes with patches soaked with Hoppes and the barrel was clean! No leading and no sign of any powder coating in the barrel. I continued scrubbing with a wire brush to see if anything besides powder residue would come out, but there was NOTHING else. That does it. NO MORE BULLET LUBE for me. I'm totally convinced now. And I might add that there was none in the 1873 Cattleman revolver either although it didn't have anywhere near as many rounds through it. Call me a convert.

Jim...I agree...I loaded up my 30-30 with 170gr pills that were PCd...then proceeded to fire them at over 2000fps. No PC, No Leading...and clean-up was a breeze. I didn't even have much in the way of fouling build up...just a single fouled patch...followed by a second that came out clean. I stopped using Lubed boolits as well.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan