Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Knee surgery

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I just got out of surgery yesterday at 11:00 and the therapist had me walk about 300’ this morning. Pain is not bad, about 3 or 4 on the 10 scale. Going home this afternoon.
    That's what the step dad said. First knee years ago was a drawn out process. Second one he was walking around the same day. Get it done!
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Torn meniscus in Lt knee pulling two deer from a ravine in 2010 - arthroscopic surgery and PT that November.
    Torn meniscus in Rt knee w/bone on bone arthritis in 2014 - arthroscopic surgery and PT that December.

Both knees weak and in pain from early 2016 through early 2019. Knee injections in early 2019. NO PAIN SINCE. Worked for me! Replacement looms - in the future.

Good luck in PT. Keep getting stronger.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am a pretty good PT'er. 1: because I am afraid not to and 2: because I have got fish to catch! I am giving these catfish a break right now but they are in trouble this fall.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Bub
    Frankly, anesthesia is dangerous, I highly recommend losing weight, if you need to for that specific reason. Now, don't be alarmed, I myself have had to be put under general so many times it's insane. I was burned really bad in Afghanistan 20 years ago.
    I was SF so I've parachuted many many times. HALO jumps really were hard on my knees. Plus, just diving for cover, kneeling on rocks. I had to get one knee replaced. Now, I was extremely fit, no extra weight, and I all I can say, I walked into the hospital in agony. And when I woke up if it hurt I didn't notice because it was so much less pain. Best of luck

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234