Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Not a Selling thread. What could I expect to get from my Dillon 550 if I sold it?

Banned

Not a Selling thread. What could I expect to get from my Dillon 550 if I sold it?

I have a 650 with collator and bullet drop tubes and a Lyman T-Mag press so my 550 generally just sits there. I have been so bored that I polished the die holder and everything that I could take off and put back on it. Thinking about posting it for sale and was wondering what I could get for it. Also I have 2) Hornady powder measures that I bought to go with the 550. One is rifle and one is a small barrel pistol. Any ideas as to the worth would be appreciated.

Boolit Master

dillon presses in excellent shape generally resell for about 80% of what they cost new.

Banned
    I should have mentioned its a 550B

Boolit Master

I kinda get the feeling that used Dillon goes for 75-80 % of new. The Hornady may not get that much and shipping needs to be determined.

Boolit Grand Master

From what I have seen the above guys are about right. Dillon seem to go for 75-80% of new if its in good condition. You will need to negotiate shipping with the buyer or sell FTF.

Boolit Grand Master

I posted a similar thread about an old echo press and got a warning. Careful with stuff like this.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    I'm just trying to find out an approximate value since others have listed and sold the same models their experience is helpful to me in figuring a eventual price. I didn't know if I could rely on Ebay pricing to arrive at a fair value.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ebay will give you a decent range of prices. Factor in the premium they charge and then decide if you want to sell it here or there. Ebay will generally give you a higher price but you may net about as much. You are known here so members will have more trust in you.

I bought a 550 on this site that did not come with a powder measure so I was not happy. It brought back the saying "trust but verify". Post good pictures. You can auction it here as well. But some things on Ebay go for stupid prices.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    The last one I bought on ebay, I paid 365.00 for with some extras and in great condidtion.
    jim

Banned
    I also have some caliber conversions but don't know the value of them either. Thinking about selling the whole thing lock stock and barrel. Has the mount thing strong mount?

Boolit Grand Master

Look at the Dillon catalog for new prices. Then appraise the condition of your stuff. I've seen a lot of Dillon stuff sell for 75% of new prices if it was clean and in good condition. 80% might be a stretch. You could look on Ebay or Gunbroker for prices. Ignore the asking prices and look for the items being bid on.

Banned
    Several pictures to obtain an idea on condition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dillon1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	256829

Name:	dillon2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	256830

A picture of one of the hornady powder measures.

Name:	hornady.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	256831

Boolit Grand Master

It looks to be in excellent condition. Dillon's no BS warranty is one of the things that helps keep their resale value so high. This should sell pretty quickly. I probably would start out asking 80% of the new price and go from there. I'm not sure what your best shipping option would be.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I'm just trying to find out an approximate value since others have listed and sold the same models their experience is helpful to me in figuring a eventual price. I didn't know if I could rely on Ebay pricing to arrive at a fair value.
    So was I. Was wondering if there was any interest and how much mine might be worth as I only found one on Ebay, I don't trust their prices and the object was pretty heavy so might not even be worth it to ship. I made a wild guess and put it up in S&S and no-one bit so I guess I'll keep it as the shipping wouldn't make a sale feasible.

Your's is far different and superior of course. The 75% of new value is interesting and a great starting point.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    Part of me would like to sell my 550, 650, and Lyman -T- Mag and buy a 1050

Banned
    You know you have too much time on your hands when you polish all the aluminum that you can get to.