RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lube/sizing dies & relubing bullets....questions

Boolit Grand Master

Murf205

That would be worth getting the heater for sure. I do have one of my 450s mounted on a heater as I was experimenting with lots of different lubes, including some harder ones such as carnauba red, for HV cast bullet shooting when I lived up north. I got the heater from a member here. It's a thick aluminum plate the 450 is bolted to and has a hole in the back that an electric soldering iron fits in. It worked quite good actually up north but since moving down here I've not had use for it. Keep it …..just in case.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

jason280

Forgot to mention you might just TL those bullets in LLA as per the directions, let dry thoroughly and shoot. I do that to lots of commercial hard cast bullets with the hard wax lube and they shoot fine w/o leading. I used to clean the old lube off first but found it really wasn't necessary. At the 900-1000 fps of your expected use that would work fine. I have also, w/o removing the old lube, just relubed in such that the hard wax lube had dried and shrunk a bit of flaked out with Javelina, 2500+ or other NRA 50/50 lubes. Just last year I relubed some 215 gr .410 hard cast commercial bullets with 2500+ that had a hard wax lube. Some had chunks of the original lube missing and the 2500+ filled the gaps in and put a thin coat over the remaining lube. I loaded them over 8 gr Unique for right at 1050 fps out of my 7 1/2" Ruger Bisley. They shot excellently w/o any leading.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12