PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: value of scope

Boolit Bub

value of scope

My boss has given me some stuff from his fathers estate to liquidate. He has given me two Leupold 4x scopes to list on the board.
    A couple of questions since I am not sure what is important to list about scopes.

What information do I need to list? There is not a whole lot of markings on these scopes.

How do I determine the value of the scope? These two scopes could be 20 years old or even older?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Boolit Master

If older they are M8 scopes. IMHO A FAIR Value is 100-150$ If in good shape.

If they are newer Leupold they are FXII and still worth about the same maybe 150-175.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Even old Leupold scopes are worth ar least $100 unless they are scratched badly, dented etc. in my experience. Fixed powers are desirable since they are rarer now.

Boolit Bub
    They are clear and outside surface is not scratched and clear viewing through them.
    His dad was a big game hunter. Now son has to get rid of the trophies he has mounted heads and skins.

Contact Leupold customer service and give them the serial numbers from the Scopes. They should be able to tell you all about them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The exact scope model is impressed into the thin ring at the front of the scope, around the front lens - which may be hard to see unless one knows what to look for.

The thing about Leupold scopes is that Leupold will repair or replace one free of charge for the life of the SCOPE, regardless if it was bought new or used - so they hold some value.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    Check the "Sold" Ebay auctions for the scope models in question. There may not be any for the models in question, but you won't know until you look.

Banned

Some of the old leupolds are getting to old. Ive had 2 vari x 2 2x7s loose there gas because the seals dried up. Leupold stood behind them though and replaced them with vx1s that are 10 times better anyway. Some don't know it but those old leupolds had single coated lenses vs multi coats that are on even 75 dollar scopes today and I detest those old scopes with friction vs click adjustments. If I was to buy them I wouldn't pay more then a 100 bucks for them and honestly wouldn't even bother with them and im a leupold cheerleader. Now if there 10 years old or so there probably decent scopes.