Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Wideners

Thread: A piece of holster history...maybe...SEVENTREES / PARIS THEODORE?

Boolit Master

A piece of holster history...maybe...SEVENTREES / PARIS THEODORE?

I picked up a several holsters for cheap today from the local gun shop. One was a 1911 holster stamped

SEVENTREES
    NEW YORK CITY

In doing a little research, I found that Seventrees was the leather shop / company of Paris Theodore. There were several forum articles regarding his work and holster development online. The holster appears very well made and formed. The leather is still very sturdy/stiff and molded for the 1911. I do not have any attachment to this holster, but it appears it may be a piece of history. I am not trying to sell it here in this post, but if someone knows its value or has additional info regarding SEVENTREES, please post it here. If I do decide to sell, it will go in the S&S with some other holsters / leather that I am swapping out.

Thank you. I would just like to find out as much as I can. the forum posts I did find were interesting, to say the least.

Brad

Paris invented holsters & magazine carriers that became the Gold Standard for CCW, having been granted a baker's dozen US Patents for them.

When the parents expired, the designs became heavily copied by many CCW holster makers (and are still made today).

He made/altered S&W Model 39 pistols into an ultra-small CCW gun called the ASP, which was patented, but also having features copied by most auto-loading handgun makers today.

Additionally, he also developed a combat shooting/training system called Quell - which became the Gold Standard for many police and covert agencies, since it brought home the reality of close-quarter handgun combat that was very different from the qualification process most used earlier.

Good Luck with your sale.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride