RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersADvertise hereLee PrecisionInline Fabrication

Thread: Carbide 350 legend dies

Boolit Buddy

Carbide 350 legend dies

Probably not gonna happen unfortunately.

Ive emailed a few die makers asking if they had plans to make carbide dies in this caliber and after a few "not at this time" redding responded with this:

"
    Our sizing die for the 350 Legend is not carbide. Unfortunately there is so much taper on this case that we are not able to offer a carbide sizing die for it.

Thank you for the email and have a great day
    "
    I feel a little better knowing theres a technical reason why they arent making them rather than just a possible lack of market for the effort.
    Still disappointed though, as no case lube is one of the reasons i like straight wall cases.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

You would probably still have to lube the cases with that much wall. I've got a carbide sizing die for .308 Winchester, and it's necessary to use lube with it. I also have carbide sizing dies for the .30 Carbine, and it too requires case lube. I suppose maybe an 800 pound gorilla might be able to size either without lube, but he'd probably stick a case in the die.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Same goes for 450 Bushmaster. Ooo how I love long tom cartridges but just "HATE" case lube with a passion.

Hornady One Shot.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't "Hate" case lube... would you believe I even use a little spray on case lube when using carbide dies !!! Makes resizing so much easier .
    Lee Case Lube , dissolved in denatured alcohol and strained into a small spray bottle .
    Spritz it on cases , wax based , dries in seconds and doesn't have to be removed after sizing....works like a charm and not messy at all . All you lube haters might want to try it .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables