Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are Armadillos Hard to Kill?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Good afternoon
    Only ones I ever killed was in and around FT Hood Texas. But never had any issue killing them right now dead in place when I was driving an M60A1 53 ton tank. No bump and no bother.
    Wow you were lucky you survived the impact LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daengmei View Post
    I'm shocked, this from, "125 Facts That Will Make You Feel Instantly Smarter".
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...=true#image=45
    I can see an angled shot being deflected into a hard surface that would then ricochet back at the shooter. It says shooter was hit in the jaw and had to have it wired shut. Pretty sure that means a whole lot of energy was spent before the bullet got back.

Damage from burrowing I get. Here in Michigan it is woodchucks aka ground hogs. Livestock falls into burrow openings, barns fall into burrows. Not making that up, had a friend who had the floor of the hay wagon bay crack. Burrows had excavated so much dirt from under the foundations that the floor joists of logs cracked. His process was use a .22 for a body shot when he saw them out in the field, they would scoot down the closest burrows and self bury. Now if they are in your back yard they may have a burrow under your shed or house where decomposing critters are not welcome so shoot them further out! It ain't like they are fast.

Would they make good hog bait?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

[QUOTE=RogerDat;Would they make good hog bait?[/QUOTE]

Anything is good hog bait. Even another hog.

Had a buddy that would trap them.
    A few times he run the trap and there would be 2-3 live hogs, and a spare dead one--- half eaten.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

The only other animal on the planet that can contract leprosy...just sayin'.

Boolit Bub
    Well, I can personally attest to the efficacy of numerous rounds for the ole 'dilly pig. First of all, a lead pipe is NOT advisable except under the most extreme of circumstances, a boat paddle works much better. A suppressed 22 in the middle of the night can make very quick work with proper shot placement and won't wake anyone up (very important detail with a toddler in the house). A 44/40 with a 200 grain Hornady XTP is brutal. 44 Magnum with the 240 grain XTP will make it look like a blown out tire. A 243 with a 55 grain Ballistic tip at 4K fps will blow a soft ball size hole in it and scatter it over several yards in all directions. A Kenworth turns it to a greasy spot in the road.

A .410 with #6 or bigger will do just fine within 10 yards, prefer #4 shot. Doesn't make a huge mess, they tend to not "leak" so bad. I personally prefer the 22.
    Lead, brass, and copper are the real precious metals.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonted1 View Post
    Do you make a point of dropping equipment on your feet? We've always worn sneakers. One more thing we didn't think of that we now have to worry about
    Do it once, or know someone who did. Or both.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456