Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: 350 legend HP?

Boolit Buddy

350 legend HP?

Has anybody tried a HP mold in 350 legend? What boolit would you start with for function and accuracy with the goal in mind of shooting a deer?

Do you need gas checks with powder coat, or just lube and size?

Drill out the C358-200-RF boolits? I shoot them PC'd and they load in my BCA just fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toner Powder Coat 350L.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	256603

Boolit Buddy
    Do you have one of those Bear Creek Arsenal uppers and have you shot any game with cast yet?

How good will it shoot the bullets you cast and how well does it function in the ar-15 platform?

Doe you gas check and size also?

Who makes the mold you have?

Thank you for support, mulespurs

Boolit Master
    Son and I just started playing with the Legend. I got an NOE mould that throws a 140g deep hp, 145g sm hp and 150 solid.
    Clear PC
    Not sure yet if it will need a plain base GC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Legend.jpg  
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master

I have a MP 359-220 HP mold that’s really showing promise.

I just got a 358429 HP. It’s a lil lighter than what I want as a hunting bullet.

I have tried a LBT 220 and a Lyman 358315 and RCBS 200-FN. none shot very well. Not well enough for me.

I have a 230 NOE they shoots pretty well in my Maxis but I cannot find a load for the maxi plus feeding is not by cause it’s such a large meplat.

RCBS 200 is a nice fit. The 315 is a bit of a nose rider. The LBT is too fat at the nose. The MO is perfect plus it’s a HP. Also shoots well for my buddy in the maxi.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by mulespurs View Post
    Do you have one of those Bear Creek Arsenal uppers and have you shot any game with cast yet?

How good will it shoot the bullets you cast and how well does it function in the ar-15 platform?

Doe you gas check and size also?

Who makes the mold you have?

Thank you for support, mulespurs
    Yessiree! 16" barrel upper but have only taken pests with it so far. I used the 200gr RFP (pictured below) to take a Yote down at 75 yards or so that was spying my chicken coop and I hit it in the right shoulder, went through the left shoulder and got caught under the hide. I cast pretty soft so it deformed very well but held together with 185gr surviving the hit.

I found that the LEE C358-200-RF mold casts nice boolits, they PC well and since I use lanolin to size my boolits, the extra lube sure seems to ensure good feeding into the chamber. Mine has the M4 ramps and I haven't had time to buy the cone shaped felt buffers needed to smooth out the ramps but they load well anyway! I do admit that I don't do "Mag Dumps" so with quick shots...? I'm not sure.

Yes, I use Sage's Aluminum Gas Checks on all my cast boolits except 9mm. I then lube (Lanolin & Denatured Alcohol) them with a TINY amount of the lube and size them base-up (nose down). I then powder coat them, size nose up and load.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200211_214519 (1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	257052