WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Powder Prices

Boolit Master

Powder Prices

Was at the local gunshow today and one vendor had a huge selection of powders for $20 a pound and a few for $25. Was shocked as the LGS here has most priced at 30$ plus. Oddly, no primers, unless they were not on display. Almost no bullet selection any table. Show had the usual overpriced guns, a lot of black rifles,shotguns and a few rarer pieces like a Rem RB #5 in 7mm, and some vintage Win levers. Didn't buy anything but had an entertaining two hours looking and BS'ing.

Banned

I have been switching over to Shooters World Powders. Right now by the pound cans they are all $20. I just got some of the Tactical Rifle by the 8lb jugs around $17/lb. It sure acts like TAC powder for the charges and the smell when shot. I am going to keep buying this while it is available.

The last time I bought TAC was right before the Sandy Hook thing. Midway was clearancing out their TAC powder for $9 something a lb. I bought 32 lbs of that and wish I would have got more. Now it is $24-29 here depending on where you go.

Boolit Grand Master

Shooters World and Vectan are both good powders. I've found the shotgun powders of Vectan to be usable in pistol just like Alliant etc...Much data online although some was in Italian and French.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I have been switching over to Shooters World Powders. Right now by the pound cans they are all $20. I just got some of the Tactical Rifle by the 8lb jugs around $17/lb. It sure acts like TAC powder for the charges and the smell when shot. I am going to keep buying this while it is available.

The last time I bought TAC was right before the Sandy Hook thing. Midway was clearancing out their TAC powder for $9 something a lb. I bought 32 lbs of that and wish I would have got more. Now it is $24-29 here depending on where you go.
    Unfortunately everything goes up. I remember primers for less than $1 @ hundred and now there $3 or more.

If you see it reasonably priced you might want to stock up in case November 2020 goes bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    If you see it reasonably priced you might want to stock up in case November 2020 goes bad.
    I have a supply of components and ammunition.

I was thinking the same just need a few things and I will be good. Just for stock .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I am increasing my stock supplies at this time. At least, from what is available. Many rifle powders are not available due to Hodgdon's burn out in Australia, also for this to push buyers to other brands of similar speed powder. Hmmm, better go and check my primer supplies...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Who could get elected that would affect the cost of powder or primers? The only thing I could see driving up the prices is people buying a bunch and hording it. Are you trying to create a fake shortage?

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Banned

If Trump loses you will see a major shortage worse than we have ever seen. The Dems are already telling what they are going to do. And if they don't they are going after everything else in the State level. It is going on right now if you have not been looking.

Boolit Buddy
    this summer i saw powder prices to start the move upward. so i jump on the shooters world powders. in my area shooters world is prices at last year prices at my local store, around $165.00 for eight pounds.

Banned

$135 or less depending on which one of the SW powders.

Boolit Master

I wish there was somewhere local to me that carried the SW powders. I'd like to try some of them.
    NRA Benefactor.