Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Score!!!!

Banned

Talking Score!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49A379A1-7F3F-4694-B813-3277E0CB4BB6.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	256326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D42124A-4C5B-4306-A771-49AD45BABAAE.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	256325Got these pure (or close to pure)lead at .83 cents a pound locally!! Woo hoo!!!!! Is that a steal or what?
    Last edited by Darth-Vang; 02-08-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Photo

At this point in history, yeah--- you did good.

For the last few years, we've all seen buckets like that getting fewer, and farther in between.

There's guys here that if they scored that--
    they'd take off their clothes, get on the dining room table, and do a happy dance.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice Score! I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks really clean.

Banned
    I bet they would! It gets really pricey compared to buying online!XD
    Yes it is clean. No dirt or grime. I was told these lead came from cable sheath? Got a whole 180lbs. Cant wait to clean and use it for my smoke poles and bullet swaging experiments! :F :F :F

Boolit Master
    83 cents a pound is, per the banner chart for this sub forum, currently the spot price for lead on the world market.

That's the price for the big boys, who buy by the metric tonne, and have things like long haul container ships and fleets of flatbed trucks to deal with the little issues like moving that stuff from the mine's refinery to their own factories. So, yeah, very good deal!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    83 cents a pound is, per the banner chart for this sub forum, currently the spot price for lead on the world market.

That's the price for the big boys, who buy by the metric tonne, and have things like long haul container ships and fleets of flatbed trucks to deal with the little issues like moving that stuff from the mine's refinery to their own factories. So, yeah, very good deal!
    Yeah, I’m sure glad I bought it. It is going to last a while. And I can start swaging or cast some roundball for my revolvers.

Boolit Master
    Of course, free is even cheaper. If you're willing to let folks know what you need, sometimes unexpected gifts end up on your doorstep. I've gotten pure lead radiation shielding and pure tin ingots that way.

Banned
    I’m gonna have to snoop around and pester folks then. XD!

I bought 38lbs of pewter plates and bowls for 43 bucks awhile back. Thought that was a good deal.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Went2kck View Post
    I bought 38lbs of pewter plates and bowls for 43 bucks awhile back. Thought that was a good deal.
    That certainly was!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Went2kck View Post
    10 billion percentu that was definitely a steal.

Boolit Master
    Good price, about as good as you'll find...except I have a guy who charges me .75
    He's a shotgunner and his WW are too hard for his uses.
    Also true that I'm in the vast minority around here as a caster, which helps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boolseye View Post
    Good price, about as good as you'll find...except I have a guy who charges me .75
    He's a shotgunner and his WW are too hard for his uses.
    Also true that I'm in the vast minority around here as a caster, which helps.
    Yes it is indeed. I hope to get more when it’s more available to cast and make more boolits when I need it.

Boolit Master
    What do you do when you come home from work and there are buckets in the drive way?
    Buddy dropped off four five gallon bucket of WW, a pile of lead pipe AND a bucket clear full of what I thought was shot. The shot ended up being all the solder from a radiator shop high tin content.

He wanted fishing sinkers. So I made him all he wants from some scrap unknown alloy I could not get to make good bullets.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    What do you do when you come home from work and there are buckets in the drive way?
    Buddy dropped off four five gallon bucket of WW, a pile of lead pipe AND a bucket clear full of what I thought was shot. The shot ended up being all the solder from a radiator shop high tin content.

He wanted fishing sinkers. So I made him all he wants from some scrap unknown alloy I could not get to make good bullets.
    And all parties left satisfied with what each considered deal. Win-win all around!

Banned
    Buddy dropped off four five gallon bucket of WW, a pile of lead pipe AND a bucket clear full of what I thought was shot. The shot ended up being all the solder from a radiator shop high tin content. He wanted fishing sinkers. So I made him all he wants from some scrap unknown alloy I could not get to make good bullets.
    You could get a lee hardness testing kit to see what the brinell hardness is instead of guessing what the mystery lead is. It is worth every penny to have knowledge what the lead can and can’t be use in. I sure am happy to know in advance what the lead are capable before I start to cast it.

Boolit Grand Master

What do you do??? I think you are doing it! Maybe even treat him to one of his vices. Booze, sweets, ect.