Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Tasco targeter varminter air gun rated optics?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Tasco targeter varminter air gun rated optics?

I remembered these when they came out the year 2000’ and sold for around $150 to $180 range. I was looking for a replacement red dot for my Ruger 10/22 air rifle and ran across the 2.5x 10 mildot tasco varminter scope on eBay and Amazon from the same supplier for $27.99 shipped! I figured it was worth the gamble as it had tons of really good reviews. I found the 6x24 version on amazon for $29.99 with free two day shipping if I signed up for a free 30 day trial membership with prime. My plan is to mount one on my Walter talon nitro piston 22 magnum air rifle and may the other will go on one of my rimfires. Anyone have any experience with this optics? I would assume they are discontinued or just old technology with the rear ocular focus. It states they can be focused at 7 yards so I figured it will be good plinking fun for the air rifles since these optics are air gun rated. For $30 each I figured if they last a summer or two I got my money out of them. From what I read the lens are clear and crisp. I don’t plan on using them for anything other than back yard varmints and plinking. I read on some reviews that people used them on centerfires for deer hunting.lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Varmint-2-5-1.../dp/B0000V2BLU

https://www.amazon.com/Tasco-Target-...AK7X0D9GE6K8QZ
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-08-2020 at 06:55 PM.

I just received the 2 1/2 by ten in the mail an hour ago... The optic is bright,crisp, and crystal clear! I can’t believe it. I am extremely impressed for a cheap scope. As long as it holds zero life is good. I’m not too worried about it since I’ve read a lot of good reviews and since I have a limited lifetime warranty if anything goes wrong I’ll just get it replaced. I would recommend the scope if anybody’s looking for a cheap optic that’s for sure. I was a little nervous at first because the front ocular bell was spun all the way in saw the crosshairs were extremely blurry. I kept spinning the ocular bell out until they became crystal clear. I also adjusted the front parallax to the closest setting and I almost have a crystal clear picture at 15 feet.

Boolit Buddy

Let us know how they do!

Boolit Master

Scopes that focus close in are rare.

Tough inexpensive ones are even more rare.

Thanks for letting everyone know.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Been wanting a Nikon EFR for a couple years and been waiting for a sale running into these. For The money i might put a few away.

Got the 6x24 out of the box. Nice optic. I like the 2.5x10 way better. It’s crisper and brighter. Also I can focus it at closer ranges. I might have to order another one or two of the 2.5x10 and put it up. I’ll have to take the 6x24 outside instead of looking through my window and see if it gets brighter and clearer. For $30 it will be an optic to tinker with.

I bought a second 2.5x10 optic for a spare that will probably go on one of my rimfires. I sighted i my first one I mounted on my Walther talon magnum last week. Crystal clear at 10x from one side to another in my 25’ garage. Sight in was a breeze. At close range. I’ll have to get out and Er aero it at 25 yards.

6x24’s are all gone at that price but the 2.5x10’s are still listed for $27.99.