Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there fishing in Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where the old hillbilly died while unsuccessfully trying to save his dog and they both walked the road to heaven. He gets to one gate with a smooth talking gatekeeper who says he can't bring the dog in as there is no coon hunting and the old man refuses to enter because of it, then he finds the real gate where the keeper pets the dog and welcomes them both in.
    Yes that one was call The Hunt .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

USMC 77, USRA 79

Jesus knew something about fisherman.. being a fisher of men..

i would say there is a great run of wild steelhead waiting in that river. on earth as it is in heaven.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Yep,
    All the good things are THERE.

Fish that hit on the first cast.
    Five cent Thrifty ice cream cones, and Hershey bars.
    Grandma's Molasses bars and ice-cold milk right out of the bottle delivered that morning by the Adour Milkman.

Three Duck triples every time they come in to the decoys.

Every time you open the mold, perfect bullets drop out, sized & lubed. And the pot never runs dry, and the sprues mysteriously jump back into the pot.

You wife serves up whatever dinner you want without having to ask. And Never yells.

The buck drops dead at the first shot. And you never have to worry about contamination from deer hair when gutting/skinning out.

All your Dogs are there.

Your Mom & Dad, whole family is there. And nobody yells.

Heaven is just Heaven.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    So thinking about this, will there be benchrest or bullseye shooting? Will everyone shoot one hole groups at infinite distance? For that matter, any sport? Everyone throws a perfect game when bowling, dancers, figure skaters and gymnasts all have perfect strength and form. Can there be any competition in heaven?

Boolit Master
    Finely a philosophical response instead of jokes.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    It's interesting to read the different views of how heaven is perceived.
    I have wondered this myself.

My view is that we are currently living in a material world and our activities are related to the material desires that we have.
    Such as trying to catch that big lunker fish, or trophy buck or getting that new Harley Davidson or Corvette, making a billion dollars, etc., etc.

The afterlife resides in the Spiritual Realm.
    It's not a material place but is a place where "thought" is how things get manifested.
    I do believe that you will "see" your past relatives and friends that have made it there.
    It is a place where one is in everlasting Spiritual Bliss and has a knowledge of our Oneness with all things.
    There really isn't any desire to have that Corvette, etc. anymore.
    The Buddha had a saying..."..The root of all suffering is desire..."
    (BTW,I am not a Buddhist)

Those desires are what keep us in this Material World.
    The unfulfilled desires that we may have pretty much need to get negated out before we "advance".
    Being back home with God is the desire we should all have.

It's hard for me to really comprehend everlasting Spiritual Bliss but then it is also hard to understand the nature of God as being "Always was and always will be."

Fishing in Heaven?
    I doubt it.

Good thread, btw.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    So thinking about this, will there be benchrest or bullseye shooting? Will everyone shoot one hole groups at infinite distance? For that matter, any sport? Everyone throws a perfect game when bowling, dancers, figure skaters and gymnasts all have perfect strength and form. Can there be any competition in heaven?
    See my post on the first page about the Twilight Zone episode with the criminal that dies and goes to his reward.

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    My father is there. If they did not have fishing before, There surely is now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Been told there are no dogs in heaven. Really sad as I love them more than most people even though I am allergic to them....dogs I mean.

I think heaven is going to be boring once we get over meeting God and all the people we always wanted to know. Maybe like an eternal bible study?

The Bible is silent on what we wind up doing for eternity except for being with God. But eternity is such a long time....I cannot even imagine it. I hope God is as much fun as a puppy.

Not interested in fishing for eternity....or ever again for that matter. Shooting 100 straights would be just as boring but it would be nice not having to reload again. On the other hand, reloading might be a way to keep from going crazy with boredom.

If Hell wasn’t so damn hot, and uncomfortable, but they had dogs there, I might choose that venue for as long as it lasts.

Forgive this sinner God for my wandering thoughts. If you think me worthy to be with you, please don’t make me fish.
    Don Verna

Where ever they send dogs, that's where I want to go.

Boolit Master

Heaven is going to a Wonderful Place.

What ever is Wonderful for You, that's Your Heaven.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    See my post on the first page about the Twilight Zone episode with the criminal that dies and goes to his reward.
    I remember that one, and tonight it reminds me of a joke about hell.

Guy dies, is judge and found wanting, he is cast to hell. While he approaches the gates with great trepidation, he is greeted by a surprising pleasant demon. The demon tells him that he gets to choose one of three places to spend eternity, and the man thinks it could be worse. They go to a wall with three doors and the demon opens the first door.
    In the first room there are millions of souls, it is silent and everyone is standing on their heads on a hardwood floor. The man thinks that this would really hurt after a while and would be unbearable for eternity.
    In the second room there are tens of millions of souls, it is silent and everyone is standing on their heads on a carpeted floor, the man thinks this would be only slightly better.
    As the demon opens the third door the man is overcome by the sound of a billion conversations and the smell of excrement. He looks into the room and billions of souls are walking around knee deep in excrement, talking and drinking coffee.
    The man decides that the noise is better than the silence in the other rooms, and that you’d get used to the smell and being covered in crap from head to toe, so he tells the demon that he’ll stay.
    He wades in, finds a cup of coffee and discovers that he does get used to the smell. A short while later a voice booms from an unseen location “everyone, shutup and get back on your heads, coffee break is over.”

Boolit Master
    My question is why would any earthly escapes need to be in Heaven when Heaven is perfection and with perfection is an eternal perfect happiness free from ALL sorry, troubles and trials we have in this earthly life that we escape from by doing things that take our minds off of them hence happiness through escapism? Even fishing, hunting, golfing, eating, or anything anyone can name is not perfect happiness as there is nothing perfect in this life so why would something not perfect be allowed in Heaven. The answer it isn't allowed. We will escape our finite minds in Heaven as we are made perfect before entering Heaven. God perfect is different than mans perfect and thank God for that.
    That is the reason God made Heaven not man. If man had made it, it would be screwed up like earth is. So what would be the fun in that?

Boolit Master
    My question is why would any earthly escapes need to be in Heaven when Heaven is perfection and with perfection is an eternal perfect happiness free from ALL sorry, troubles and trials we have in this earthly life that we escape from by doing things that take our minds off of them hence happiness through escapism? Even fishing, hunting, golfing, eating, or anything anyone can name is not perfect happiness as there is nothing perfect in this life so why would something not perfect be allowed in Heaven. The answer is it isn't allowed. We will escape our finite minds in Heaven as we are made perfect before entering Heaven. God perfect is different than mans perfect and thank God for that.
    That is the reason God made Heaven not man. If man had made it, it would be screwed up like earth is. So what would be the fun in that?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Been told there are no dogs in heaven.
    Yeah, I've often been told that too, quite emphatically. That, along with other stuff the speakers have no way to support; meaning they're probably wrong.

Sometimes it gets funny when some folk insist on telling about things they really know nothing of! Truth is, we don't need to know that so we're not told. But, we ARE told there will be "horses" in heaven and I see no valid reason to insist it will be limited to horses.

A lot of Christians have come to believe the eternal heaven will be a gauzy, nebulous, purely spiritual place; if the Bible is correct that image isn't even close to being true. Instead, we'll have a restored (physically resurrected) New Earth - or Eden - where resurrected humans will live in company with Jesus forever. God - Jesus - put animals, fish, vegetation and mankind, etc., on Earth and he called each of them "good". It's illogical for any of us to jump up now and announce there will be no animals, fish, vegetation in that restored earthly existence! I won't guess if we will have resurrected pets in heaven but I will guess there will be no shortage of creatures of all types. So, If I'm right about this, I'll finally be going fishing again!

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope you are right 1hole. If I get there, I will not be allergic to dogs.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    hope you are right 1hole. If i get there, i will not be allergic to dogs.
    roger that!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Oh I'm sure there will be fishing in heaven ...for those who enjoy fishing.
    Just one thing...you can't ...exaggerate ... about the size of your fish !
    Just the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth .

I was also led to believe that there will be a shooting range , reloading tools and unlimited free wheel weights . I'm taking a couple of my moulds with me !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Oh I'm sure there will be fishing in heaven ...for those who enjoy fishing.
    Just one thing...you can't ...exaggerate ... about the size of your fish !
    Just the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth .
    Gary
    You make me grin; I do know what you're saying.

But the worst of fishermen aren't competitive with those who claim their factory .270 (et al) and 4-12X Leupold hunting scope shoots hunting bullets in "1/2 MOA groups all day!"

Boolit Master
    If heaven is heaven, why would you need to fish?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast