Load DataRepackboxPBcastcoWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is there fishing in Heaven

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Jesus the Christ said we will be like the angels of God at the resurrection. Figure out what the angels do, and you'll have a pretty good idea of heaven.
    Yeah, I've gone over that but I don't know what it means for us to be "like angels." I'm certain we won't be identical with them after the resurrection so I have wondered, in what ways and which spiritual and physical characteristics will we be like and different from the angels"?

If we are resurrected as angels we wouldn't be ourselves, scars and all, therefore we wouldn't really be resurrected like Jesus at all and that can't be true. Angels are spiritual beings, they don't appear to have physical bodies; we will. Angels don't appear to have parents, friends and others they will seek in heaven; we will. God made man "in his own image" - clearly very different from angels - in order to have a special relationship with us that's presumably much different from his relationship with angels. There are several different types of angels serving different functions and only one type of us. Therefore, I conclude that after the resurrection, however much we will overlap, we simply cannot be "like angels" in detail.

I have those questions (and others) but I do not have the answers. But I don't think being told we will be "like the angels" tells us much because we obviously won't be fully identical with heaven's angels. ???

Boolit Master

The Bible gives very little information on angels. I infer that they too were made in the "image of God" as far a intellect will and emotion are concerned. We know that they are held accountable for sinning as man is. However, angels who sinned were not redeemed*.

When Jesus said we would be like the angels, I take that to only mean that we will not be married in Heaven as the angels are not married in Heaven.

*Why did God not see fit to redeem angels? No one can say for sure. But I suspect it is because their rebellion was accomplished in the very presence of God. In other words, they had proof every day of God's existence, power and goodness, yet chose to go their own way. Mankind must accept these things about God by faith and because of this we are dealt with differently. You will notice in the Bible that after a major showing of God's power (e.g., leading the Hebrews out of Egypt/the Day of Pentecost) that God's people are held to a much higher standard and evil is swiftly removed.

Moderator Emeritus

All I know is that when my father died, my first mental vision of him was him wearing some old jeans, rolled up to the knees, a nondescript short sleeve shirt, an old straw hat with the rim bindings partly gone, and some frazzeling around the edges, sitting by the Jordan River, or what I took to be the Jordan. The water was a bit muddy, but that didn't discourage Dad. He had a pole cut from some shrub or tree, about 9' long, some old black fishing line of some type, a hook, and a real cork float about 3 or 4' up from the hook. He was sitting there on the semi-wet bank, just as happy as a field lark in the summer time, contented and anticipating a good fish at any minute. Whether that was just my imagination or some sort of "message from beyond" I cannot say. All I CAN say is that it was a very satisfying image, and would be just like my Dad. And it sure did bring a smile to my face. I could never worry about him ever again. I know he's in Heaven with the Lord, and that they've worked out all the little details and fine points between them to both's perfect satisfaction. What those details are, I won't know until I get there, and thus, am ready to receive that kind of information. Speculation occupies too much time that we could spend on fruitful study and consideration, and self-analysis. That is all that I'm certain of.

Boolit Master
    There better be fishing. Along with hunting. And my beloved dog will be there. And my Marlin 39's.

Vendor Sponsor
    I always imagined hunting and fishing in heaven as a mutual agreement between “hunter” and “pray.”We know that there won’t be any death in heaven and that the lion will lay down with the lamb. So to me hunting in heaven has always looked something like paintball and fishing something akin to a very complicated game of tug of war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Boolit Master
    Food for thought:

It's interesting that the last time we know the apostles saw the Lord they were fishing in the Galilee when they saw Him cooking a fish dinner for them on shore. He was a resurrected physical man and it makes sense that He ate the fish along with them. To cook fish demands they have been pulled from the water and that suggests He had been "fishing" and that opens the possibility we may go fishing in our resurrected bodies when we want more fish for dinner.

It's also interesting that so many people are adamant about what we WILL or WON'T do in the heaven on earth, based on nothing but "That's what I've always been told"; that's thin evidence of anything.

Boolit Master
    Yes there is and the waters are pristine and unpolluted unlike everything on the face of the earth today.

Boolit Buddy
    in heaven there will be no more sin so that means no more death, i would think that would include hunting and fishing. what will we eat? who knows , maybe manna.. remember back in the garden there was no death until the Lord killed the animal to clothe adam and eve because they had their eyes opened after they disobeyed God and sinned against Him and saw that they were naked.

Darn, streets of gold and no shopping malls. River but no pole/bait. Might read the descriptions of Heaven in the Scriptures, wall, gates, open areas. Wonder what for? No clocks? In reality, we have NO clue but it will be great. IMHO, if you think you will be bored I suspect you won't be there.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Here is probably the most intelligent post on this subject. How would you be bored so much you would have to go fishing to be happy. Doesn't make much sense does it?

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Darn, streets of gold and no shopping malls. River but no pole/bait. Might read the descriptions of Heaven in the Scriptures, wall, gates, open areas. Wonder what for? No clocks? In reality, we have NO clue but it will be great. IMHO, if you think you will be bored I suspect you won't be there.

Boolit Grand Master
    Gotta be. Gotta be all out dogs too.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Dogs yes but, please Lord, no indoor cats!

Boolit Master
    I hope it’s like in the John Prine song “When I Get to Heaven”.

Boolit Master

I'm sure there's fishing and dogs, also sure that there will still be "the big one that got away"!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Banned

Better yet.......is there "Heaven"?

Boolit Master

Doesn't matter unless you are sure that's where you are going.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

I had a dream where I was talking to the Lord.

I was concerned. Lord, you know i can not carry a tune in a bucket. How is it going to work with me sitting at your feet singing songs of praise?

He pointed out that he made me, he knows what is inside me. And that there would be times I would be needed to fill the crowd at the throne.
    Then he went on to point out that being partly of indian blood I would also have access to the Happy Hunting ground. Where the weather is nice, food is never scarse, and I could go out with my favorite horse and find a buffalo or a deer, or whatever for the pot.

Then he mentioned Bill you dabbled pretty deep in Wicca/Shamanism. And as such I would have access to those lands as well.

Then he said I suspect your going to want to be close to rainbow bridge, you have friends waiting for you there.

And I asked "Lord you can find me a piece of heaven that touches on all those. So I can move freely.

Yes William Thomas, almost all things are possible.

Well Lord I think I might enjoy heaven a whole lot more knowing this.

https://jashow.org/articles/what-wil...t-the-rapture/

What happens during the rapture?

The Bible teaches that the rapture is a time when Christians will receive an immortal body. An actual physical transformation is expected to take place in the rapture, where our corruptible bodies put on incorruption. According to the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Corinthians, this happens in a moment.
    What will happen after the rapture?

After the rapture, Christians will stand before the throne of God to receive their rewards. White robes will be given to clothe them, and they will praise God.
    What happens during the rapture? The Bible teaches that the rapture is a time when Christians will receive an immortal body. An actual physical transformation is expected to take place in the rapture, where our corruptible bodies put on incorruption. According to the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Corinthians, this happens in a moment. What will happen after the rapture? After the rapture, Christians will stand before the throne of God to receive their rewards. White robes will be given to clothe them, and they will praise God.

"Amen and amen! Every believer's body will be raised up at the Rapture and changed in a fraction of a second into an INCORRUPTIBLE body that never gets sick, never tires, never diseases, never aches nor feels pain, never sins. We will be raised up by the Spirit of God, never to suffer in physical pain again. What a wonderful day that will be, especially for those of us who suffer physical pain in our bodies in this present world!!!"

We know we will be changed at the rapture. What we do not know is how those changes will effect how we feel and act.

What I do know is that the Lord amighty will have it all figured out.

Boolit Master

I think heaven will be much like the Garden of Eden before the fall of Eve,then Adam. Eden was God's design and I don't know why he would not go back to that perfect design. God killed the first animal to cover the sin of Adam and Eve. With no sin I do not think there will be death of animals in heaven. They will be animals to enjoy but we will be vegitarians if we eat at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234