Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Wideners PBcastco
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there fishing in Heaven

Boolit Master

Is there fishing in Heaven

A member of this forum told me that if I wised up I might be able to go fishing with him in Heaven.

I don't believe there is any fishing in Heaven.

What do you think? Fishing in Heaven? What will we do in the afterlife?

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I sure hope there's fishin.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I hope so.
    What would be so great about Heaven if ya couldn't go fishing and be with your dog.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    There's a river of life flowing from the throne of God. Gotta be fish in it. Many years ago I fantasized about catching huge trout and bass from that river, and each time was a new experience! Never got tired, never got bored. Never broke one off, all catch and release,..
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I hope so.
    What would be so great about Heaven if ya couldn't go fishing and be with your dog.
    God Bless you Ed. from me & Mr. "Radar" Wonderdog

Boolit Master
    we'll be doing things you can't wrap yer mind around!

Boolit Buddy
    Well, if you believe in an afterlife, and a Heaven in that afterlife.......it shouldn't be much of a stretch to believe in fishing in Heaven.

If you believe.

Banned
    You know what they say about paradise... "A river runs through it"...

After my grandfather passed (my first fishing buddy) I had a very vivid dream about him one night.

He was sitting on a small hill, under a tree, which overlooked a nice stream.

He was bending light in different colors into a lure. If you can imagine tieing a fly on a hook with no point or barb.

Once he was satisfied he cast it out. A big trout rose, took it, and whole creation evaporated.
    The trout sheepishly sunk back down, grandpa had a huge smile on his face. He'd fooled that ol trout that time.

True or not who can say, but it sounds close enough to heaven for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    A member of this forum told me that if I wised up I might be able to go fishing with him in Heaven.

Tim
    Pretty simple...how could it be Heaven without fishing?
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    You guys think of whimsical fishin' in heaven same as me. I'm even looking forward to scuba diving (with no clumsy tank!) so I can swim WITH the fishes in the River of Life! I LIKE the idea of fishing for six Saturdays in a row and one glorious Sunday of study, worship and singing every week!

Of course none off us know if anything in the afterlife will be the way we now hope. But we do know we will be back on Earth and we know we'll have physical bodies so it IS interesting to think of delight filled lives fishin' and other delights with the people (and pets?) we love in God's heaven isn't it?

(The existence of this thread proves some folk have so little sense of humor (and happiness) that whimsical fun thoughts fly right over their head. )

[Skipper, are you a hard hat diver?]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    You guys think of whimsical fishin' in heaven same as me. I'm even looking forward to scuba diving (with no clumsy tank!) so I can swim WITH the fishes in the River of Life! I LIKE the idea of fishing for six Saturdays in a row and one glorious Sunday of study, worship and singing every week!

Of course none off us know if anything in the afterlife will be the way we now hope. But we do know we will be back on Earth and we know we'll have physical bodies so it IS interesting to think of delight filled lives fishin' and other delights with the people (and pets?) we love in God's heaven isn't it?

(The existence of this thread proves some folk have so little sense of humor (and happiness) that whimsical fun thoughts fly right over their head. )

Yes to the scuba diving without a tank. I think that we will be able to travel through the universe without having to breath. Plenty of fun things to do. But none of it matters to me. All that matters to me is that I will get to be with God. I believe that the goal of human life is to know God.

Banned

Reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where the old hillbilly died while unsuccessfully trying to save his dog and they both walked the road to heaven. He gets to one gate with a smooth talking gatekeeper who says he can't bring the dog in as there is no coon hunting and the old man refuses to enter because of it, then he finds the real gate where the keeper pets the dog and welcomes them both in.

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post

Tim
    Silly question. Of course there is fishin' in heaven! Lottsa 10+lb bass swimmin' around that like top-water baits too! HIS reels never get backlashes either. I don't know for sure, but me thinks bass boats are outlawed though (?)
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post

Firefighter for 34 years. On my days off, I did deep water salvage.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Firefighting - WAY off topic but ....

Oh boy ... you guys are crazy! I took one day of fire training. I could deal with them live flames over my head okay but hitting the ceiling with fog instantly drove fire down to me lying flat on the floor; HOT! That was enough fire fighting for me.

I did sport diving, instruction (PADI/YMCA) and a little shallow commercial day jobs plus some body recovery for a local rescue squad (found two) for some 20 years. Then, 1980, I got T-boned by a truck load of pipe and got so much lung damage the diving M.D.s at Duke University Hospital said I better give it up ....

But, I still have a functioning U.S.N. Mk II suit in excellent condition (I think that's what it is - ?) hard hat/breast plate, brass sole shoes, suit and pig-tail. It all came from the Navy's Charleston S.C. salvage yard in '73. It's been buried in a storage locker for some 20 years but it still had good rubber last time I looked! I'm 80 now and want to sell it before I croak, do you know anyone that might be interested? Or know what it might be worth?
    Last edited by 1hole; 02-08-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Real mark II helmets are worth a bunch to collectors. I used to use a Superlite 17.
    Check with these guys...they buy, sell and consign helmets.

https://www.oldhelmet.com/us-navy-mark-v-helmets
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    how about thinking of Jesus, the one who died so you could be there in the first place. i do believe there will be vineyards because Jesus said he would not drink again of the cup (wine) until we drink it again with him in the kingdom.

Boolit Master
    The other Twilight Zone had the criminal get shot and killed. He wakes up in what looks like heaven with Sebastion Cabot showing him around and providing for him. He was set up in an elegant apartment with beautiful women all wanting to be with him, playing pool and always making the impossible shots. After awhile he is bored out of his skull and complains to Cabot that he didn't think Heaven was supposed to be like this. Cabot replies "My good man whatever gave you the idea you were in Heaven?" and just laughs at him. Great series.

I remember a song about Beer in heaven. I just hope I get there to find out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast