Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Taking "tactical" to a new level .

Taking "tactical" to a new level .

So I was watching a show called shooting gallery on the outdoor channel tonight they featured a company in Nevada called Franklin armory I believe . It's a AR black rifle shop . They are now selling what they call a "non nfa" short barreled AR it's legal because the rifling in the barrel is straight no twist at all ! Owner stated 4 moa accuracy at 100 yds .All for the bargin price of only 2400 bucks ! Now I'm far from a accuracy snob BUT if I'm gonna drop that much coin it's gonna shoot sub moa with any ammo I can feed it .Or you can just go buy or build 4 or 5 AR "pistols" with a brace that will out shoot it . But if you just gotta gotta have it they will make it . I guess companies like this just want the ATF to come up with even more rules and regs.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    So I was watching a show called shooting gallery on the outdoor channel tonight they featured a company in Nevada called Franklin armory I believe . It's a AR black rifle shop . They are now selling what they call a "non nfa" short barreled AR it's legal because the rifling in the barrel is straight no twist at all ! Owner stated 4 moa accuracy at 100 yds .All for the bargin price of only 2400 bucks ! Now I'm far from a accuracy snob BUT if I'm gonna drop that much coin it's gonna shoot sub moa with any ammo I can feed it .Or you can just go buy or build 4 or 5 AR "pistols" with a brace that will out shoot it . But if you just gotta gotta have it they will make it . I guess companies like this just want the ATF to come up with even more rules and regs.
    No, it's just greed.

Banned
    Its NOT meant for LONG RANGE. its meant as an M3 grease gun.

its meant for 40-50 yard pistol work

it was also meant as a way to give the finger to the ATF and make them actually admit they make bad rules.

Its also a way to point out that RIFLING doesn't mean TWIST. but merely means lands and grooves

Boolit Master

it was made for the california market.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    I this the unit you are talking about?

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2019...now-available/
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Quote Originally Posted by kenton View Post
    I this the unit you are talking about?

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2019...now-available/
    Yes they list a lot lower price in that article than what they stated on the show ? Still don't get the logic even though i heard their reasonings ? Like I stated you can get that same thing if you bought or built a AR pistol and put a brace on it for 400 bucks it's gonna do the same exact thing and more than likely better accuracy at any range with any ammo
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    If you get 4 moa at 100 yards its time to find a better load.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    If you get 4 moa at 100 yards its time to find a better load.
    well when you consider the WEAPON in question was meant as a standard HANDGUN.... anything past 40 yards CURRENT DOCTRINE is considered LONG RANGE for self defense. Just received a crappy bulk email yesterday from classic firearms claiming handguns are only supposed to be used at a max of 25-30 yards for ANYTHING.