RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: KAL Tool & Die - closed ???

Boolit Master

KAL Tool & Die - closed ???

I have a need for some small sprue cutter plates for the early Ideal and Lyman single cavity molds and recalled that these were offered by KAL. Their website is still on the net but does not list a telephone number.

I sent an e-mail to KAL about a week ago. No response. Next I dug around and found a telephone number they used to use. Called that number and a recorded message came on - a lady's voice politely saying she could not answer the phone now and to please leave a message. She said nothing about the KAL company. I get the feeling they are closed or perhaps broke into smaller units with different names. If anyone knows their status would you please share this.

BTW, I still need the small Ideal sprue cutters. Does anyone have a source for these? Thanks for your responses.

Thin Man

Boolit Master
    Well, stop the presses. Rick at KAL responded to my e-mail and left a message that the sprue plates are still available. He apologized for the delayed response which was not really needed. I was very happy to make contact and learn the plates are still available. Just now sent up a PayPal "friends & family" payment so will sit back and wait for his shipment to arrive. So far so good.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Rick is a good man and does excellent work. I lent him 6-7 saeco moulds of different vintage for the purposes trialing his new handles. He wanted to QC his measurements prior to selling them. He returned them along with a set of handles (unnecessary) and a couple sprue plates (also unnecessary). I've since purchased a couple handles and sprue plates. They're consistently top shelf.

It's about what I've come to expect from the board members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

I should get a few more mould handles from him, they are the highest quality handles I've ever seen and used.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.