Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder measure question

Boolit Buddy
    I still have the Lee PPM that came with my old Challenger kit..I was never satisified with it even with ball.It would throw fairly consistant weights with ball,but the measure had to be close to full at all times,and with stick it would crunch,and break powder so bad that the handle could not even be cycled smoothly enough to even dream of consistancy.I have yet to see a conventional powder measure that I really trust to be truly consistant .

Boolit Master

Lee does not make the powder and therefore should not be blamed if you use a different lot of powder than the one they measured when they determined the VMD.

Edit: Should have mentioned that is in response to post #20.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    Lee does not make the powder and therefore should not be blamed if you use a different lot of powder than the one they measured when they determined the VMD.

Edit: Should have mentioned that is in response to post #20.
    Sir,
    I was not looking to put blame anywhere.
    Over and out.
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Lee products do not enter my home (except for their hand primer, which is made of junk but works ok until it breaks). I check my other measures occasionally (Dillon, Q-M, B&M, Hollywood), but they never change.

You get what you pay for.
    lee is certainly junk.only product I use is their bullet sizer.never had one I didn't have to open up. smh

I rarely weigh rifle loads, mostly though I don't work on the ragged edge of pressure or the knife edge of accuracy, so a few tenths either way won't affect my plinking ammo. I've used my lee measure to throw 3031 and while it did bite the powder some, it mostly was fine and offered little in the way of balking.

Tell ya, bout the most annoying thing is to fumble and drop a case full of powder over the loading block though. Half a block full have to be dumped and recharged is no fun.

Banned
    The CURRENT Lee powder measure is the most accurate measure there is under several 100 dollars.

I had the Lee “perfect” powder measure for 5 minutes. Leaked h110 horribly

I upgraded to the deluxe, cast body, measure and that worked perfectly fine. I had no issue with consistency, I checked every 10th load with a digital or beam scale.
    Last edited by Rug480; 04-14-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    A nice cigar makes a bad day good and a good day great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12