Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you only see the BaD ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you John .
    No turning back , No turning back !

It's a new day . GOD has plans for me today , only problem is I haven't received them yet ? His is the perfect way . If I could see the immediate future I'm pretty sure I'd over think it and go wrong . I would probably consider my own choices as to what to say or how to act . With his way I am most often 'thrust' into and impromptu situation...usually . My only recourse is to seek his Spirit in my response . If it works out on my part GOD will act through me .

Often there is no immediate result but at times there is . Yep ! You get to see GOD affecting a situation . But it's not mine to expect any result because that's between God and one needing him . We sow to increase his kingdom , he will reap the harvest from what he has given...not me .

I feel like my 'immediate' reward is to see him gloried . It's all about him..not me . I am only a servant . All that is good in me came from him . And although as imperfect as I am he can use me . We are all given ability through him . He is the giver of all that is good , left to ourselves we don't amount to much .

................................................Ma tthew 11;30
    ..............................For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light .

Well yesterday was the last session of physical therapy for my shoulder replacement a few months ago . It should be a small milestone event I suppose in the bigger scheme of things . But this morning I'm feeling cheated . Being as we are shut down and 'sheltering in place' I just lost my last outlet of social events for now . It's pretty sad to think of physical therapy as a social event ?

So for the immediate foreseeable future it's just me and my crew .

However ! It's time for a spring cleaning event . The house needs an overhaul , trees growing up in the fence line , mowing , the 'crew' needs a bath and there is no limit to what needs done when you have an obsessive compulsive personality . But then there's this ;

My fishing stuff is loaded and ready . The crappie have started biting some (so I hear) . I could be just as obsessive compulsive about going fishing . But the cleaning stuff is drug out , I pulled my riding mower around to the front of the house , filled my yard sprayer with Round up and charged the battery for the chainsaw . Yea....I expect the work will override the fishing compulsion . The 'crew' doesn't seem too interested in these mundane chores , being more than willing to let me take full charge of them . But I do give them credit ! They stay rested up for some serious guarding ! Like if a dangerous squirrel or rabbit threatens us .

I watched the sun go down last evening . Took this picture sitting on the back porch .

GOD is still in heaven . The sun still rises and sets and this world keeps turning . We take what is given and live one day at a time . I hope yours is a good day . GOD bless .

I vote fishing. Grass and chores ain't going nowhere. The crew is just fine. But the fish don't run forever. Priorities my brother. Have a blessed and safe day.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Pine Baron ! Having the utmost appreciation for your knowledge and understanding in decision making . Realizing my own short cummings in decisions of this magnitude and your vast experience in prioritizing life's quickly changing options . Plus ! Markopolo's continuous insistence to quit letting perfectly good worms die in my fridge . I'm taking your advice and Markopolo 'threats' seriously !

I'm going fishing ! I go RIGHT NOW to put my shoes on....................Report will be given tomorrow !

Well it's a little late but 'Better late than never' ? Went out south and threw out three lines on the Little Wichita River . It was a dang nice day ! Walking to the suv there where some bunnies that wanted to go . Told em I was social distancing ..Might take em later but they got to chip in on the gas and bait . So they took off .

Took my Harbor Freight Folding chair , made some of my special secret blend dough bait and worms . Took my bait tackle box , no lures ! This was going to be a sit down easy fishing thing . Got a good spot on the bank in the willows .

Caught a slew of these bothersome little guys !

Buzzards were constantly circling slowly working their way down river looking for lunch . Caught four of these guys , all weighed a pound and a half to three pounds . I'll eat carp but had catfish or crappie on my mind . Caught several small crappie but nothing legal size , took a crappie picture but he was flopping so hard it was a blur . So ! No crappie picture .
    This guy politely motored by asking if I'd had any luck . Told him just little ones . He smiled , shrugged his shoulders waving goodbye .

I stayed four hours , it was actually pretty warm . Spooled up and went to the house , my dogs had missed brunch and very glad to see me . While on the bank I reread the first , second and third chapters of Romans . We are reading Romans in the ...Reading the bible stickie in the forum Chapel .

Times haven't changed since biblical days . 'One' of my main thoughts when I put up this thread was ...living in a fallen world . As I have stated before it might seem a depressing topic ..but it's not , it's reality . We were born into a fallen world , it's all we have ever known . Realizing that coupled with GOD's word we gain understanding to help us navigate to live a good life through our Lord .

It seems insane to me that so many want to kill GOD or at the very least eliminate him from our country . We would instantly lose our 'GOD given rights' to be ruled by man's law . Brings to mind Judges 21;25

In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Without the law of GOD forming the law of the land is something you don't want to even imagine in your mind . Many that want to deny GOD say we don't need him and his law . We would be much happier and better off without him . They say we can keep all the 'good' of his law and still practice total self indulgence . But we know this is failure .

I'll refer to the...'Cut Flower thesis ".

“The attempts to found a morality apart from religion are like the attempts of children who, wishing to transplant a flower that pleases them, pluck it from the roots that seem to them unpleasing and superfluous, and stick it rootless into the ground. Without religion there can be no real, sincere morality, just as without roots there can be no real flower”

If you think this is a fallen world right now consider it without GOD .

Well I have rambled on enough . The fishing trip was a welcome diversion from sheltering in place . Didn't get any keepers but that's just encouragement to try again .

GOD bless !

Sometimes, my brother, the object isn't catching fish. Now is it?
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Completely agree ! Didn't go out with any expectations of anything except to enjoy what he has given . And I was not let down .

Had plenty of time and went back over Romans thru chapter 3 .

I highly recommend rereading Romans a few times . Awareness of our world now is reflected and explained simply in this book . I didn't reference reading yesterday to supporting scripture but to the here and now . GOD"S word is as relevant today as it ever was , possibly even more so . We are provided more distractions than at any time of mankind .
    Last edited by Boaz; 04-26-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Well it seems to me the pandemic situation is easing . The mortality rate is coming down , number of people infected with the virus is lessening . This is a blessing . I have prayed much for those having or affected by this plague . So many have lost their lives or loved ones . It has placed burdens on practically everyone in one way or another .

I have prayed for our country and our leaders that they seek the Lord in their leadership . This has been a global problem . I'm not going to get political or stir up hatred but in this time of suffering and detestation it becomes much easier to see weak leaders that are only capable of being self serving .

It gets back into the reality of the fallen world we live in . Satan still exists and is gaining slowly . Our strength comes from within us through GOD . To ourselves we are helpless against him but through our Lord and seeking the Holy Spirit to lead us we can effect change . It's a time to seek him , to pray for wisdom and discernment . GOD is still in control .

Boolit Master
    None of this has taken God by surprise.

Romans 8:28
    We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.

Well thought I'd check back in on this old thread...been a while . I sure nuff put up this thread at a good period of time to test it . Impeachments , pandemics , rioting with plenty of lying and insanity on the daily news cycle . It's beyond my attention span and reasoning to to deal with the scope of it all . And yea Satan is having a hay day ! Virtue signaling , political madness , racist madness , party back biting , hatred for the sake of hate in every shape and form . It's a little hard to not get involved..ain't it ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123