Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you only see the BaD ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Do you only see the BaD ?

We are inundated with bad news . The world is a global community for all the wrong or bad things that happen with the internet and communication technology . Seems like we 'like' to hear of whats wrong around us . I see too many people that talk like there is nothing good though they seem to live a normal and good life .

Many seem soured or even afraid . There is still much good done by good people but we don't seem to look for it as much . We believe in a merciful loving GOD that wants us to have a good life .Even on this forum I have seen strangers help others knowing they would never meet in person . I have seen prayer and encouragement given freely only because someone asked . GOD has put good all around us .

.....................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAaaIytqiFg
    No turning back , No turning back !

I agree, Charlie. We have so much in this country, but we seem to be in the grip of fear. I can only hope and pray that God will use me to bring hope to others.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

We only see what we look for.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Sometimes it's hard to see the good in an ocean of evil and wickedness where the cruise ship has sunk and all on board are floating around you. Sharks are eating those around you one at a time. The only good thing I can see is, the sharks haven't got to me yet.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

The MSM and fake news media have the narrative down to a fine science of brain washing and social engineering.

FIRST, they give out bad, tragic, and negative reports on all/and anything.

THEN, the talking heads go on to tell you HOW to cope and manage the coming crisis they have just created.

They create the fear, doubt, and bad emotions, then say, tune in to us, and WE will help you through this.

Social engineering, propaganda, and media manipulation for the masses.

Me, I put my faith and trust in Christ Jesus, because He has promised to see me through, for His mercy and grace endures for ever!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master
    Human nature does not change. Whether you believe Gold created us as we are, or we have evolved to have the traits we have...we have them. Some are good and some are evil. We can chose which ones we feed.

Fear is a good thing...part of our survival instinct. When it controls our lives, it can be debilitating.

I carry a gun because I fear getting harmed. There is evil in the world so I plan accordingly. I believe in God but do not trust him to protect me from evil. Many of you must deal with that conundrum as well. If we really believed God would protect us, why carry a gun?

We deal with these dichotomies as mature adults. Some, not so much, and wear tin foil hats or go to church three times a week. Anything in the extreme is bad. I see good and bad. Preparing for the bad is good.

I am more prone to think about the bad things that can happen...it is the way I am wired. Old saying...prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Thank you for talking of good things around us, We should focus on the things of God and not the things of the world which only want to draw attention from God.

I believe in God but do not trust him to protect me from evil I understand the thought but Jesus tells us to expect to be treated evilly. Enjoy the good in life and be aware of the evil. Just like self defense. Be alert.
    Whatever!

Psalm 34;12-22

Who is the man who desires life,
    And loves many days, that he may see good?
    Keep your tongue from evil,
    And your lips from speaking deceit.
    Depart from evil and do good;
    Seek peace and pursue it.
    The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
    And His ears are open to their cry.
    The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
    To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
    The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
    And delivers them out of all their troubles.
    The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
    And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
    Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
    But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
    He guards all his bones;
    Not one of them is broken.
    Evil shall slay the wicked,
    And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
    The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
    And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.
    Last edited by Boaz; 02-13-2020 at 06:01 PM.

John 16:33

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Moderator Emeritus

It seems that the hardest thing for us humans to do, is to keep our perspective adjusted to where it needs to be. So very, very much is lost, from simply not keeping the right perspective. We see everything, practically, through the prism of our own wills, which so typically involve our baser desires and instincts. And all the while, all we really need to do is simply recognize whence comes our willfulness and our self-deprecating desires. There's simply no substitute for understanding the reality that surrounds us. The unvarnished and unbent truth will always lead us to good places. Giving in to our willfulness will always lead us to sadness and despair, in the end. May God give us the simple courage and honesty to face the simple truths of this life, and conduct ourselves accordingly.

I live in Texas and never even heard of 'Pep' Texas . There folks are trying to keep it going !

............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJ8MuRtJSs

Boolit Master
    Lots and lots of farming communities look just like Pep Texas. Where at one time it took many many families to farm 10,000 acres, today it may take 7 to 10 families to do the same. Most country churches here are supported by city folk who drive out for services, the rest are empty buildings.

I am subject to the news , the trends and all that happens . I'm not immune to seeing the slipping of faith in our country , the youth not being given the knowledge they need to use as a gauge in their lives . I could go on and on with what I see as wrong , things I never experienced or expected to see in our country , society and people . I see people who have claimed all their lives to have faith in our GOD turn away in practice of that faith to accept what they see , hear and read what is now 'right' .

They have adapted a man given view of the world and what is 'right' . GOD gives rights ...not man . I wake every morning knowing I live in a fallen world . Sin has caused evil to exist . Well heck ! That sounds pretty depressing doesn't it ? But Psalm 18:32 tells me this ;

It is God who arms me with strength,
    And makes my way perfect.

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, You know that people thrive on bad things....just look at a big wreck and the rubber-neckers thrive on the driving slow that they can see something bad. The news inundates us with all of the bad (some years ago there was a news channel that posted only good things and guess what....they went out of business). Humans gravitate to the bad and horrible as witnessed by the action movies and shootem up movies and tv shows.....

My salvation is retirement from L.E. and associating with positive men and women through my church, bible studies, and local groups that do the right thing. If ya wanna get away from the bad ya gotta associate with good positive people ... when ya dont you get pulled down into the abyss of despair and hurting IMHO.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    In my estimation a smart person looks at both good and bad. The good only lookers chose to ignore the bad. The bad only lookers choose to ignore the good. I choose to look at both. There are pros and cons in everything. Do the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa. Why would anyone only look at one side of anything. Simply because it is easier to only see one side. Dont have to put much effort into being onesided.
    As far as bad in this world? It is there just look around it is everywhere. But one should not let it blind you on seeing the good.

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Charlie, You know that people thrive on bad things....just look at a big wreck and the rubber-neckers thrive on the driving slow that they can see something bad. The news inundates us with all of the bad (some years ago there was a news channel that posted only good things and guess what....they went out of business). Humans gravitate to the bad and horrible as witnessed by the action movies and shootem up movies and tv shows.....

My salvation is retirement from L.E. and associating with positive men and women through my church, bible studies, and local groups that do the right thing. If ya wanna get away from the bad ya gotta associate with good positive people ... when ya dont you get pulled down into the abyss of despair and hurting IMHO.

Yep ! Your spot on Paul . It's our nature being human to seek the 'bad' . But GOD gave us hope in his only son Jesus Christ . And he also gave us ...Choice . I prefer to try and look around me with a biblical world view . As I stated ...I know that I wake up in a fallen world every day . But I also know God created me , placed me here and he is with me . He has given me his Holy Spirit , he didn't abandon me . He gives me the bridge of prayer to talk to him anytime I want or need to . He gave me his law and his living word through my bible to guide , gauge and act . No , I am not abandoned . He gave me others to be with as you said to encourage and confirm through their faith . No , He did not set me adrift in this place , he is with me .

In my opinion a christian must look at the world through GOD's eyes ..A biblical view of what you see .

The Bible IS God's word .

GOD IS a personal spiritual being .

GOD created the universe and everything in it including us .

I am a special creation of GOD , with an eternal soul .

I am engaged in spiritual warfare .

Sin brought death and destruction into this world .

Bad things happen because this is a sinful place

I cannot save myself , I need a savior .

GOD offers salvation and forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ .

GOD established the home to make disciples and transfer the faith .

GOD established the church to make disciples and transfer the faith .

Jesus Christ is the Sovereign Lord of all !

I offer you the Epistle of Paul Colossians , chapter 2 . Read it in it's entirety then pay particular attention to verses 6-10 . There is also much supporting scripture throughout GOD's word . I have included an audio link if you want to listen .

.........................Audio link ............https://www.biblegateway.com/audio/purevoice/niv/Col.2

I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
    Spiritual Fullness in Christ
    6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
    8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
    9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
    13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
    Freedom From Human Rules
    16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
    20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

In the process of realizing I'm not abandoned I am given to try and fit into this world and honor my creator . It's hard to deny him after he came in the flesh as the son of man by our father to teach me . To be a living example and through his words and acts show me how to live here . He gave me hope through his life with the offer and promise of eternal salvation in his death .

Matthew 16;24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

I really know nothing about this 'community' and am not promoting them . But I like some of their philosophy of life in the time we live it . It's an interesting concept .

................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQOYzQtMJM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast