Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you only see the BaD ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Psalm 14;2

The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.

Psalm 25:1-21

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. {2} O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. {3} Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause. {4} Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths. {5} Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day. {6} Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies and Your loving kindnesses, For they are from of old. {7} Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; According to Your mercy remember me, For Your goodness’ sake, O LORD. {8} Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way. {9} The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. {10} All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. {11} For Your name’s sake, O LORD, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great. {12} Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. {13} He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth. {14} The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant. {15} My eyes are ever toward the LORD, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. {16} Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. {17} The troubles of my heart have enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses! {18} Look on my affliction and my pain, And forgive all my sins. {19} Consider my enemies, for they are many; And they hate me with cruel hatred. {20} Keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. {21} Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.

Yep ! I got to seek the good and it begins by seeking him !

Matthew 24;6
    Jesus tells us there will always be conflict .

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
    No turning back , No turning back !

It's a part of who I am to want to question , to seek causation and final effect with result . But in my day by day balancing of my life here . But it's not up to anything I can do through myself to change or 'fix' anything .

Today in the ..Reading the bible ..thread above in the stickies we are reading Luke 12 . So much is explain in this chapter today about how I should deal with this world and GOD at the same time . GOD is in control .....if I give it to him and frankly he's still in control if I don't . The instructions and guidance given is to help deal with a fallen world and not only to have faith but to strengthen my faith in him . He reassures me ;

Luke 12;22-34
    Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
    27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
    32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Seems a lot of folks are affected by all the TV , internet , news and just mass media in general . If I seek the bad I can just click , flip a switch or tap a button . There is more 'bad' than you can take in . But the same can be said of the good . I tend to prefer the good now days , there's plenty of good still hear but it unfortunately just doesn't get as much attention .

Within probably an hour I found these few videos on YouTube , nothing amazing to speak of but maybe interesting .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCLKb7untE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQFtfN3oijo

Lets hear a vocal on that , I like Kaylee's version . I have posted it before .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o

When I saw this one I thought about Matthew 8:20 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-X...s&pbjreload=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUvndhI5gY
    Last edited by Boaz; 02-20-2020 at 07:05 PM.

From Greg Laurie this morning:

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.”
    —John 14:1

When children are afraid of the dark, they need someone to reassure them. The best thing to do is turn on the lights so they know there’s actually not a monster or other supposed threat to them under the bed. They need the reassuring words of an adult who can help them get a proper perspective.
    Like little children, we need the reassuring words of our heavenly Father to help us in times of anxiety. Because no matter where you live, how much money you make, or what you do for a living, you’ll never be able to create a trouble-free life.
    Job 5:7 says, “People are born for trouble as readily as sparks fly up from a fire” (NLT). Just when you get through that one conflict or difficulty, that one hardship or trial, another one will come. It always will be something.
    I don’t say that to depress you but to prepare you. Understand, troubles do come. While there are reasons to be troubled, there is a greater reason not to be. Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me” (John 14:1 NLT).
    Jesus said this to His disciples in the Upper Room, after they learned He would be crucified. Needless to say, they were very stressed. Deep anxiety and fear filled their hearts.
    But Jesus was saying, “Look, I haven’t brought you this far to abandon you now. I know what I’m doing. So I’m asking you to believe. I’m asking you to trust Me.”
    When I don’t understand what is happening, I fall back on what I do understand: God is our Father who loves us and cares for us.
    When a problem you’re facing fills your heart with anxiety and worry, remember this: God is bigger than your problem.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Very good read Pine Baron , and true . Thank you .

We have gone through it all, my wife lost her dad then her first husband followed by her sister then our grand son then his dad and to top it all off, I got caught in a fire and got catastrophic 3rd degree burns all over my body.

Of course we have had our moments of fist shaking and depression, sadness and anger but overall, we still see the wonder and good in everything. I think we are a little shyer now though, a little withdrawn from friends and family then we once were. That could also be an age thing.

Through it all, we simply focus on God's message to us, "I AM".

That's good enough for me.

It's not all bad .

..............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6A_TA0ttQ

..............................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LxB-jizBM

Is my glass half full or half empty ?

A generalization of how we are viewing our life in real time . I suppose that the answer would be arrived at by weighing or gauging by my priority's as to what my life should be ? Me being at an advanced age living in a world of change could be a concern I guess . But putting real priority's into a realistic prospective instead of wishing some things had been different sheds light on the answer .

I'd say my Lord has been generous to me . He has given me far more that I ever 'deserved' . I would say using Psalms 23;5 ;

“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”

I believe my glass is better than half full .

Well dang ! I guess I picked a heck of a time to put up this thread with whats happened . Yea , looks like we have a national crisis going on . There will be plenty of 'BAD' to see before it's run it's coarse .

I have heard all kinds of crack pot 'theory's' , Chinese unleashed it to achieve global domination and many comparing it to the prophesy of end times in the book of Revelation . Well ! I don't have any insight on it what so ever in those events . It looks to me to be one more product of that 'fallen world' I keep talking about . We have been in a state of wars , plagues , floods , earthquakes , volcanic activity , drought , infestations ..etc during all of mankind . I do find it funny that some folks worry about space aliens attacking , a meteor destroying earth , being attacked by a Sasquatch and we'll be dead in ten years due to climate change . Folks do have fertile imaginations , as if living in a fallen world wasn't enough .

But in the end all we possess is our hope . Which is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ .
    Last edited by Boaz; 03-19-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    The MSM and fake news media have the narrative down to a fine science of brain washing and social engineering.

FIRST, they give out bad, tragic, and negative reports on all/and anything.

THEN, the talking heads go on to tell you HOW to cope and manage the coming crisis they have just created.

They create the fear, doubt, and bad emotions, then say, tune in to us, and WE will help you through this.

Social engineering, propaganda, and media manipulation for the masses.

Me, I put my faith and trust in Christ Jesus, because He has promised to see me through, for His mercy and grace endures for ever!
    Same thoughts here. Too many drink from the wrong cup and cling to it as the only answer or way to go. All things man made are fragile at best and downright poor otherwise. That's the reason things shift so violently when a crises emerges.

Those that cling to bad news don't want to hear the good, IMHO.

Well...I wondered if my church would have services this week (tomorrow) and received this message from our pastor this morning . It didn't surprised me at all , I figured they would cancel services . I know the pastor and deacons , they had a hard time shutting us down temporarily .

Our school , drug rehab program , all outreach events are on hold . Many will be sad and disheartened in this time we need reassurance . But I agree with the decision and agree with the pastor that our focus and work continues the same . Lets count our blessings and not let fear overshadow our faith . Much can be accomplished in this time through prayer and bettering our relationship with our Lord who we serve . Might be time to reconnect with friends and family ..we all have telephones . Could provide opportunity and reason to study GOD's word .

Pastor's message ;

As your Pastor and Staff, we want to do everything possible to show wisdom through this trying time for our country. We depend on the Lord to give us wisdom as to what to do in this crisis. He gives us our governmental leaders who we depend on to give us information to help us make good decision with regard the the health and well being of our membership. I told you Sunday that in making decisions for our services we will not follow the panic put out by some in making our decisions.
    Focusing on the well being and wellness of our church family, after prayer and seeking the will of God, I am canceling our Wednesday night services for the next two weeks. We will also not meet together here at our church building for Sunday but will be live streaming our service at 11:00. I am asking everyone to stay home and participate in our service through our live stream.
    With regards to your giving, you can go to our website and give online or use our text giving.
    As we think about what is going on in our world with this coronavirus, let's not panic or be fearful. Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus to those who are in need. We still serve a great God who is still our Sovereign King. Let's remember the words of Paul to Timothy-"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
    What a great opportunity to be people of prayer- praying for our governmental leaders as they make decisions for our country. Pray for your Pastoral staff, as we try to do what's best for Kingdom ministry here in Wichita Falls and around the world. Just to be clear, on the advice of our leadership, there will not be no public gathering at our church building for the next two Wednesday evenings and Sunday Morning, March 22nd. We will look at the situation and make a decision for services on March 29th next week. The baptismal service scheduled for the 22nd will be postponed.
    God bless you. I love each one of you and appreciate your understanding in this. I will give you more updates as needed.

Well I guess it's time "to put up or shut up". In God we trust. Is it something we just say or believe?
    Last edited by Pine Baron; 03-23-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Mark 5:36
    But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.”

Boolit Bub
    Well, Pestilences are a part of the sign of the last days. Not saying this is "IT" as there are still a couple more things that need to happen according to the scriptures (1 Thes. 5:1-5 - a declaration of peace and security and Revelation 17 and 18 - false religion being destroyed by the nations). Yet, this virus and the views people have about things in general worldwide (2 Timothy 3:1-5), do indicate (at least to me) that the time is very close. These days up is down and down is up - in large part due to media spin and propaganda - but then again, Revelation 16:13,14 refer to frogs spreading lies (or propaganda). At any rate, that is how I see it - YMMV.

Some of you may remember an old children's song with these lyrics:

I am the church! You are the church!
    We are the church together!
    All who follow Jesus,
    all around the world!
    Yes, we're the church together!

I believe that what we are seeing now; church cancellations, meetings postponed and all the other "social distancing" measures only serve to prove that God does not live in a brick and stone building with a red door. Although going to church on Sunday may not be happening, God's work is still being done. If the church is the collection of all who believe that Jesus Christ is savior, then the church is alive, well, and vibrant today as always.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

The last week has been moving slow . I have been going to the gym/therapy facility every morning since my shoulder replacement last June plus therapy twice a week . Therapy will be ending in the next week or so . I usually visit nursing homes regularly , church activity's also take up some time .

But the gym is closed , the nursing homes are not allowing visitors and church is on hold . The present situation with the virus is affecting everyone's life and activities . But there are still opportunity's to serve our Lord if you think out of box a little bit . The Chapel right here on the form is one of them . GOD opens doors if your a willing servant .

.................................DO NOT WALK BY SIGHT BUT BY FAITH .

Do not pass me ;

................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbQOW4HSio

Do you only see the bad ? Well that's a heck of a question at this point of in our lives ain't it . To the unknowing , the lost and outright non believer it is a fearful time for sure . To those relying on 'science' should be having some second thoughts . Everything we have is a gift of GOD and that will include a resolution to to our present crisis . A believer puts their faith and trust in our Lord understanding that he is in control .

In whats happening now there's no effort to see a lot of 'bad' . I see it on a grand scale myself . But I also see the good too . Medical workers , law enforcement , all branches of the military , churches , first responders , company's , organizations and more individuals than you can count . The good is stepping up to combat , comfort , heal and provide relief in every way possible .

It could be a test of faith ? A trial ? Or simply the result of living in a fallen world ? For me it's a time of much thought and prayer . A time to encourage best I can with what he gives me to work with . Elijah comes first to mind for me .

GOD not only provides hope he is our hope . He straightens the way and through him all things are possible .

Boolit Mold
    I used to get pretty "Black pilled" on things which is what it's called now a days & had a pretty deary out look but not anymore & i have not for a very long time I'm just a realist but remembering Proverbs from the bible & the promises from the Lord & seeing things for what they are & not what i wish them to be is a life changer & if you want things to be better do what You can to be better. I used to think it was terrible that bad experiences stick with us & good things seemed fleeting & one day i realized why & it never bothered me again. Good things must be sown like seeds on a big farm & every type of good thing has it's time of sowing,it's growing stages & reaping. Our deeds like the work of the farmer feed ourselves & others they affect the world & the bad things that stick with folks are a Warning that we must continue to sow & harvest good things, regardless of storms regardless of blight, I always hope for the best & i'm prepared for the worst, so when something bad comes along we are less affected by it or not at all but we must always sow & Trust in the lord
    Luke 21:15
    “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.”

Boolit Mold
    2 Peter 1:4
    “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
    Psalms 28:7
    “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”
    Psalms 46:1
    “(To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
    Isaiah 40:31
    “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
    Isaiah 12:2
    “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.”
    1 Corinthians 10:13
    “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
    Colossians 3:2
    “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
    Colossians 2:8
    “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”
    Isaiah 26:3
    “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
    1 Peter 5:8
    “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
    2 Corinthians 5:17
    “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
    Psalms 119:15
    “I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.”
    Last edited by JohnChrysostom; 04-08-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Luke 21:15
    “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast