Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
PBcastco Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best free photo storage site to use with Castboolits

Boolit Grand Master
    Another vote for Imgur.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Is there a good free photo hosting site that works with castboolits. Having a heck of a time tring to get photos into post
    Br,
    I hope you don't mind, I merged an older thread of mine into yours...and kept your title.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Br,
    I hope you don't mind, I merged an older thread of mine into yours...and kept your title.
    Jon
    Was wondering why I already had over 20 replies

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Banned
    I never had a problem using the cast boolits photo upload

I've been very happy with postimage. They make me re-login after long periods (months) of inactivity. Their options for posting images covers all my needs and is easy enough to use.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I ran a forum where the founder had used photobucket for many custom images in a separate account. I was able to retrieve what I wanted before I deleted everything. I kept getting blurbs the PB had new management, offering print deals... like I would ever trust them again. I studied business in school and how "goodwill" was an asset. PB pulled something underhanded and threw away all their goodwill. I hope they go under.
    I switched to postimages https://postimages.org I'm very happy.
    NRA Life Member
    member South County Rod & Gun Club

Boolit Master

As an IT professional and many years prior, a professional photographer I have a few rules for myself.

1. Store nothing in “the cloud” or any services outside my control.
    2. Post to Castboolits and the other forums I frequent directly from my computer.
    3. Back up my data frequently and on two separate hard drives. Store at least one backup in a fire safe or your safe deposit box and rotate them frequently.
    4. Flash drives are only for data you don’t mind losing, i.e., short term secondary storage for transferring data.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I use http://postimage.org. It works well for me. I don't store photos there - they are just copies and used for posting on forums. I used to use hunt101 before it closed down.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    As an IT professional and many years prior, a professional photographer I have a few rules for myself.

2. Post to Castboolits and the other forums I frequent directly from my computer.
    3. Back up my data frequently and on two separate hard drives. Store at least one backup in a fire safe or your safe deposit box and rotate them frequently.
    4. Flash drives are only for data you don’t mind losing, i.e., short term secondary storage for transferring data.
    David says it all!!!!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

My sediments exactly but haven't had a flashdrive mess up. Very happy my 2nd hard drive came back to life after a couple years, last week. It just needed some force plugging the thing in. Strange cause the light was on but puter couldnt see it.

Boolit Grand Master
    I wish I'd never posted the 1st photo on Photobucket !!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    S3 buckets!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It looks like photo bs took their blocked pics that everyone trusted them with and made them visable but blurry and worthless.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'll never give them a copper penny.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I wish I'd never posted the 1st photo on Photobucket !!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree 100% !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post

also as an IT pro, i agree.

1. "the cloud" is someone else's private property, not yours, and therefore using any image/file archive service can compromise your data - or lose it.

2. posting directly from your computing device to a forum ensures that the image/data you upload will remain with the forum - this may not be true if you use any manner of web-based image archive service (the "cloud", photobucket, imgur, etc etc). for insensitive images i feel a need to archive online i use www.imgur.com for public image sharing.

3a. for real computers only - i wrote a simple script that with the click of a mouse will automatically backup all sensitive data (most of which is encrypted) to multiple receptacles at the same time: the main hard drive, a pair of external hard drives, a pair of flash drives. this is only for sensitive data you can't do without - files of all types, images, etc etc - not for applications which can always be reloaded.

3b. for mobile devices only - data will need to get copied off mobile devices and locally stored, as listed above.

4. flashdrives are no longer as unreliable as they used to be and for the very most part can be relied upon for many multiple writes, unlike those thumb drives of the past. they are not a primary source of backup, which will be a mechanical hard drive, but SSDs have improved to the point where they're now replacing mechanical drives in all real computers. flashdrives are silly cheap - buy a bunch, save to them for a year or so of backing up, then take them out of backup rotation and archive them in a safe place.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I'll never give them a copper penny.
    Or a Zinc one
    Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
    John Adams
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

For my rants on things important and not:
    http://commonmanandamerica.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12