Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
PBcastco Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best free photo storage site to use with Castboolits

Moderator Emeritus

bye bye Photobucket, Hello ???

I have posted about Photobucket several times since their first extortion. I announced a 'FIX' and also announced deadlines and then their eventual reversal of their extortion. Well, Now they are at it again, limiting their free accounts to a very small MB storage or they blurr your photo's. So I had to reduce the album size ...or I could have upgraded to a pay account and that's not happening.

So, that was finally the last straw, I'm ready to switch to a different photo hosting website.
    What are you using?
    What do you suggest?
    Any new and neat Photo Websites?

I suppose I am the last hold out trying to use Photobucket. I had a lot of photos there, that are hosted for castboolits and other websites. When they first started to try and extort, I should have left like most everyone else did, but I was reluctant to leave them, as it would be a lot of computer time to switch all my photos.

I am OK with you all jumping in and posting how smart you were by leaving Photobucket during the first Extortion, but PLEASE, before you do, be sure to include some answers to my actual questions...meaning, tell me what you now use to host photos.

====================
    I'll add a bit more:
    I recall Imgur being mentioned many times, Is it any faster that the sluggish photobucket when maneuvering their website?

A quick google search provided me with other options...do any of you have experience with them?
    Smugmug
    Flickr
    Google Photos
    Dropbox
    Tinypic
    Use
    500px
    free image hosting dot net
    postimage
    imageshack
    imagevenue
    imgbox

If any of you are on the same quest as me?
    this website gives an overview of some of them.
    https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-...-sites-3486329
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    I moved to https://imgur.com/
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Imgur is super fast. The UI is okay at best, in my opinion, it is extremely easy to upload and do minor edits to pictures. You can make albums, and make them public or private with the click of a button. Completely free.

It was built specifically for Reddit, which, at the time, had no real large scale, reliable hosting sites, and because it filled an empty niche, it was wildly successful and it's continued to be reliable. As a result, it's very well adapted to posting on forums.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

I use imgur and it so far has been fine. Somewhat complicated to use, but I'm not real savvy on working programs and websites.

Same here ... Imgur has been working just fine for me. I abandoned Photobucket when they first tried to extort us for photo hosting and have never looked back ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    I use the Google cloud for storage, but have learned that I can upload to most sites directly from my computer.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I use imgur

Boolit Master

I also use Imgur.

Years ago I used Photobucket, but was frustrated by the massive wave of ads on that site.
    After PB tried to extort everyone, I deleted everything, including my account.

I eventually went to Imgur. I find Imgur to be easy to download, but not as intuitive to use as PB was. I have trouble sorting albums, but perhaps it's just me.
    Imgur makes it easy to post pics, I'll give them that.

Banned
    IMGUR for many years now and a LOT of posts

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...es-using-IMGUR

Boolit Buddy
    I still don't want to use a photo host, already got the one i'm typing on
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

iCloud, Dropbox, Google Photos...I don’t use any actual photos hosting websites like the Bucket or Imgr. I post photos right from my phone or laptop, and don’t pay a dime for any kind of storage.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master

Photobucket is the devil. I used them to store hundreds of family photos. My email provider that I used to sign up went under and after I hadn't logged into PB for a while, they said they sent a link to my old email address for verification.

Of course I couldn't verify it since the company dissolved. I sent an email to PB explaining the situation and asked if they could help me out with the situation. Even offered to sign up for a paid account just so I didn't lose all of the pictures of my kids growing up.

They never responded.

Of course I had most photos backed up, but I still lost quite a few.

I now use the Amazon prime photo service. I also download pics onto a USB device every few months.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

I take a few pictures , the wife puts them on our computer in a file marked gary's guns and I can post them from the computer to here . As far as I can tell this costs me nothing .
    Why don't I need the bucket of photo thing ?
    Better yet , if you have a computer , why do you need "a photo hosting site" do they do anything special ?
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Imgur.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I take a few pictures , the wife puts them on our computer in a file marked gary's guns and I can post them from the computer to here . As far as I can tell this costs me nothing .
    Better yet , if you have a computer , why do you need "a photo hosting site" do they do anything special ?
    Gary
    Not all forums allow uploading photos. Plus, if your computer crashes, or you get a new computer then your photos are saved.

With Amazon, I take a photo with my phone, and when I get home, the phone automatically uploads the new photos to Amazon. Then I go to Amazon and download them to my computer into a folder.

I surf the web and post on forums a bunch at work, so I can use a photo hosting site to post my pics from work.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Gary
    Not all forums allow uploading photos. Plus, if your computer crashes, or you get a new computer then your photos are saved.

With Amazon, I take a photo with my phone, and when I get home, the phone automatically uploads the new photos to Amazon. Then I go to Amazon and download them to my computer into a folder.

I surf the web and post on forums a bunch at work, so I can use a photo hosting site to post my pics from work.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I'm so sick of photobucket I just deleted every single photo on their site, lest they covet any without permission before I close the account.
    Frankly, I don't see how their business model is going to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    I'm so sick of photobucket I just deleted every single photo on their site, lest they covet any without permission before I close the account.
    Frankly, I don't see how their business model is going to survive.
    I did the exact same thing....................I hope PB goes under!

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Best free photo storage site to use with Castboolits

Is there a good free photo hosting site that works with castboolits. Having a heck of a time tring to get photos into post

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast