Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Announcements I Wanted to Hear at the 2020 SHOT Show

Amen to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I love old single shots and study there designs. Recently a few have tried to bring back the rolling block and martini rifles, Tippman and Darco, may have spelled wrong.
    I would like to see someone make a new model Hepburn, the action is very simple,has very few parts and if the reciever were investment cast without tangs and instead fastened the butt stock with a thru bolt and the stock could be shaped better. I know there have been remakes already but they tried to make it just like the original and charge 3 K plus. A new model could have a coil main spring and better sear / trigger arrangement and be one of the simplistic falling block designs.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    How about a bolt action .30-30?

Boolit Grand Master
    A bolt action .357 with 18” barrel. 5 shot DBM. Costing under $400. It should be available in .327 as well as 10 mm.

I really like the .38/.357. It would be a great plinker, coyotes to 150 yards, and capable of close range deer harvesting. Easy to reload with carbide dies and long case life with .38 Spl level loads. Pairs with a slew of revolvers.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    Industry wide understanding that LOP at 14" is too long for the mass population. 13 1/2" LOP becomes the median standard.
    NO kidding! 14" LOP barely works in a tee shirt, but when you put on a flannel shirt and a thick hunting jacket, it changes the game quite a bit.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    A bolt action .357 with 18” barrel. 5 shot DBM. Costing under $400. It should be available in .327 as well as 10 mm.

I really like the .38/.357. It would be a great plinker, coyotes to 150 yards, and capable of close range deer harvesting. Easy to reload with carbide dies and long case life with .38 Spl level loads. Pairs with a slew of revolvers.
    I wouldn't mind seeing one of those in 9mm as well but it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

Ruger makes the American in new calibers ever year it seems and now that they have went to strait walls like the Bushmaster and the Legend it seems others would be easy enough to beat the other entry level bolt gun makers to the market with.

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    How about Marlin bringing back the Camp carbine in .45 ACP. Like a fool I sold mine 20 years ago.

Boolit Master
    Have become moderately interested in a Rughe American in 35L. So I go to their website and find that I can only get that caliber with an AR mag. I hate magazines that are not flish on my hunting rifles. So I would like to read that Ruger has decided to offer American barreled action assemblys. Chose your stock and feed assembly from the accessory catalog. Simpler for them, and people can say they "built" their rifle. Win win for everyone, and I can get a flush mag 35L. Kinda like Subway
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I would love to see a new Savage 99, but I don't think the company of today could or would do it justice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123