WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been given a gift - what all do I have?

Boolit Buddy
    Great gentleman who blessed you. All the RCBS stuff has lifetime warranty. I think the RCBS power trim is very underrated. They are expensive. But they work very well. I like my Uniflow better than my other powder measures. And the Case Prep center speeds up a lot of the tedious case prep.

Boolit Mold
    Wow what a setup. I inherited my stuff from my grandfather and I'm thankful for it everyday. I have an A2 press like that and I use the living hell out of it. Im jealous but happy for you at the same time

Boolit Bub
    Good on you using your Griswold dutch oven. I have my grandmothers and two others just like it and all my frying pans are Griswolds. Why would anyone have anything but? I keep mine well seasoned with bear fat, which is the best. Caribou, mutton and deer fat work in a pinch, but nothing works like rendered bear fat.

Boolit Master

During my career one of my responsibilities was providing cost estimates (ymmv), among other expectations as a Professional Engineer. I like to "add it up" if you don't mind.

USED (eBay - quick & dirty method)
    $40 to $60 for the 2A press
    $125 to $150 Powder Master dispenser
    $75 to $100 electronic scale
    $75 to $100 Automatic Bench Primer w/primer feed combo
    $250 to $400 Trim Pro Power Case trimmer
    $30 to $40 RCBS Uniflow Powder measure
    $25 (say) Not pictured. stand (stand appears to be homemade)
    $150 to $200 Trim Mate Case Prep Center.

total range: $750 to $1000 (not including shipping) if you had to purchase those pieces individually.

Very generous of the Veteran. Please thank him graciously for his Service.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

The same thing happened to me. It was my uncle that is getting up in age. He gifted me and my brother reloading equipment and his casting stuff. His kids do not have any interest in using it. He even passed on his pistols down to us. Every time we go visit he has something new he finds to give us. Always saying he wants nothing for it and don't sell it. We don't but as he and my aunt are up in years we know they could use some extra money. What we do is go and get some gift cards at a store we know they shop at and put them in a Christmas card and in birthday cards. He has not complained about it so we will keep helping them out this way. As some of what he gave us are things we already have, I have be able to give to others through the Pay It Forward or during Christmas on Brass Clause's Tumblewood Chriftmas.

Boolit Master
    daloper
    It sounds like your family has some good folks in it .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12