MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Japanese Weaver scopes vs Nikon?

Boolit Buddy

Japanese Weaver scopes vs Nikon?

I have never owned a Japanese Weaver,but I am thinking about getting one .I have only owned old Steel tubes,and one new Chinese Weaver that came on a package gun.I have owned an older Japanese Nikon ,and it was a good scope.How would a Japanese Weaver CV9 compare with a similar Nikon?...Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I have never owned a Japanese Weaver,but I am thinking about getting one .I have only owned old Steel tubes,and one new Chinese Weaver that came on a package gun.I have owned an older Japanese Nikon ,and it was a good scope.How would a Japanese Weaver CV9 compare with a similar Nikon?...Thanks
    The Weaver Classic Variables I have are all made in the Phillipines, they are bright and clear with repeatable tracking, they are excellent scopes for the money.

When owned by Blount the Classic V were all made in Phillipines I have 2 of the 3-9x38 CV and one 2-10x38CV(dont think they even offer a 3-9 anymore)when bought by Meade I think they move the Classic line to Japan where it remains.
    Last edited by swheeler; 02-14-2020 at 12:54 AM.
    Charter Member #148

I own both brands and they both have been reliable and trouble-free. I have the Nikon Monarch, which seems (to me) to be a bit better optically than any of the Weavers', while the field of view and eye relief of both brands are about the same. I've used both on bigger caliber rifles without concern of failure due to recoil.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the advise.I guess someone else thought it was a good deal,because I decided to buy it and it has sold.

Boolit Buddy
    I have six Weaver Classics fixed and variables four are made in Japan the other two I can't read the rings have the printing covered.The Weaver 40/44 I have are made in the Phillipines.

They might not compare at all pretty soon, as Nikon has recently announced they are getting out of the telescopic sight business...…

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride