MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Completed my collection as far as I am going to today.

Boolit Master

Hey Texas jumping in here with looking at my 512 it says SPORTMASTER and the 511 says SCOREMASTER 513t I have drilled on barrel for mounts says MATCHMASTER .

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Hey Texas jumping in here with looking at my 512 it says SPORTMASTER and the 511 says SCOREMASTER 513t I have drilled on barrel for mounts says MATCHMASTER .
    Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Several years ago I bought 510 that was beautiful condition, I thought. After a good cleaning the bore was a sewer pipe. It didn't t shoot that well either. While at my gunsmith's shop I mentioned it, he took me in the back and dug out several junked out rifles. One had a decent barrel, he took it off and sold it to me really reasonable. It was marked Scoremaster 511-P, extra holes were bored for a target front sight and no dovetail for a rear sight. I filed the barrel for a sight and it does very well now.

How the rifle was in such nice shape with a ruined bore is a puzzle to me. I don't remember the original date code but it was fairly old. I have guessed that someone fired some old corrosive ammo and never cleaned it.

Dave

Banned
    My older 514 with a non-grooved receiver is not marked with a marketing name.

Boolit Master

Nor is mine.

I ran across a 510P in good condition with the original peep sight today. I was short of funds or I would have brought it home.
    Is $300 to much for that rifle?

That's US$ which in NZ$ would be something in the region of $400. For a nice 510? If I had the money to spare, I would pay that, over priced or not. Looking at my 510, complete with wrong rear sight and broken front sight, the stock seems to be a solid good quality piece of walnut. What is that worth on it's own? Not really the way to look at a rifle's value but just to keep it in perspective. I paid peanuts for my very worn and wrecked 512 which gave me great fun restoring and turned out to be very accurate and slick and with which I won many competitions at club level (all of them in fact). So how much should that rifle have been worth for all the fun I've had with it? Does that make sense? OK, for us at our stage of life that comparison probably doesn't fit but you know, what the heck, these are old and no longer made rifles and they were great!

If someone were to offer me a 512 in good original condition, I might want to add it to my collection but only because mine isn't in original condition. But I do have to watch my budget.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I see your point. My issue is, I just purchased another CZ and I can't justify the expense at the moment. If it is still there in a few weeks, maybe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123