Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Lee 359-125 RF

Boolit Master

Lee 359-125 RF

I have wanted one of these molds for a long time and finally ordered a two cavity. I plan one using the bullet for .38 spl, .357 mag, and 9mm with the Idea of using it mainly in my 92 Rossi.

Today I used the mold for the first time and I must say Lee did a great job with this one. Once the mold was up to temperature the bullets just about fell from the mold and in just a little while I had a nice pile of bullets. My bullets weigh 126.2 gr. with my alloy. If these bullets shoot as good as they look this will be a winner.

I only have one complaint, I should have ordered a six cavity mold.

Ken

I have the 158 version of that mold. It accounts for 80 percent of what I shoot out of my GP 100. Stupid accurate with light loads. Haven't tried it with spicier H110 loads.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master

Some of my 9mms won't feed it. YMMV.

I use that same mold. Use it in my s&w 38 spl. It shoots great. You will be happy with it.

Boolit Grand Master
    I suggest you get the 6 cav., you won't regret it.

Boolit Grand Master

Me too! I use that bullet for 2, 38 Specials, one 357 Magnum, and 3, 9mms. I just got 3 different Lee sizing dies and size for the particular gun I'm casting for (my 9mms get .356"+, my 38/357 gets .358"+, one 9mm gets .359" (a very old Tokerev). Quite often the size doesn't matter, except for the Tokerev, it has a .357"-.358" groove diameter, but those are the diameters I have used for load work ups...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

I bought both the 358-125 RF and the 358-158 RF and love the profile and performance. The 125 occasionally gets loaded in 9mm, but mostly in 38 and 357 SIG. The profile is identical to the factory FMJ rounds a friend gave me. The 158 RF has been loaded rather warm in 357 with IMR 4227. Powder coated and clean burning, good fun. I must admit though, the most frequently loaded 38 boolit of late is mouse poot loads using the 356-95 RF which for me casts 358. I started loading those lighter boolits for a friend who needed a lot of trigger time with a Ruger SP101, and light loads make anti flinch training a breeze.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

the 125 nose is too fat to load for 9mm if you powder coat it but works good in 357 mag

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    the 125 nose is too fat to load for 9mm if you powder coat it but works good in 357 mag
    I PCed about 200 for use in my old Tokerev, my Ruger LC9 and my FMK. So far all have fed flawlessly...
    My Anchor is holding fast!