Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Mounting an EoTech or similar sight on a M94

Boolit Grand Master

Mounting an EoTech or similar sight on a M94

I have an old beater top eject M94 that needs better sights. My eyes are not able to shoot iron sights every accurately so looking for a solution. I would prefer something that I can do myself. I would take the EoTech off the AR for the time being but would likely replace it with a Sig Romeo 5 down the road. Not interested in a scope.

Seen this:
    https://mod94scoperail.com/Universal...ail-p138178939

Looks simple enough that a cave man can do it. Has anyone used it and care to comment?

Any other ways to get this done?
    Don Verna

Don't have but I will say this.
    Not all dove tails are created equal.
    I have a Winchester Model 94 that I assumed had a standard dove tail.
    I bought a ladder sight for it from Brownells it is an M-95 long range sight.
    The ladder sight will not fit the dovetail, the sight is a 3/8" dove tail, so that means the rifle has a bit smaller dove tail cut.
    I thought I would instead mount it on my Interarms 65 SRC Rossi in 44 mag, low and behold the Rossi's dove tail is way too large even though it has a screw to tighten it up.
    I did not try it on my new Rossi R92 as I like the buckhorn sight it has.
    I do intend to mount it to my older Rossi but I will need to make a shim to take up the slop.
    Don't want to scare you off but thought I would let you know what I ran into.
    The rail is a neat idea and there is a good chance it will slide right in, but then again it may require a bit of fitting.

Boolit Master
    As just stated it will likely need some fitting, file on the rail not the rifle..... made that mistake once. No idea what I was thinking, so thought I’d share. That looks like it will be a very high sight line relative to the standard stock. Are you planning a leather comb riser? I ask because my M99 that came with a scope already mounted, is in dire need of one. I do not shoot well with no cheek weld, like happens with a high optic on rifles designed for open sights.If you got one in mind, please share
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Boolit Grand Master
    Appreciate the warnings. Need to give this more thought. Adding an adjustable comb is one option but not ideal. About $60 for the hardware.

Not a fan of the Burris Fastfire
    Don Verna

With my Winchester 94, I decided to use the EASY button.

I used one of the bases (small) from a Weaver 2-base scope mount base set that had the same underside (concave) profile as the top of the rear of the rifle's bolt body (flat/cconvex)

I D/T'd the top of the rear portion of the bolt top's C/L for the base's two 6-48 screws, attached the base, then mounted the reflex sight on the base.

I thought it was kinda neat, with the sight moving back/forth with the bolt.

The accuracy was good, too - there's not enough play in the bolt when it's in battery to make a difference in accuracy from a sight/scope mounted conventionally.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    South Texas but sometimes it feels like Northern Mexico
    have you tried a peep sight.... my experience is that a peep, maybe mounted on the tang will ad some years to being able to use iron sights.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    have you tried a peep sight.... my experience is that a peep, maybe mounted on the tang will ad some years to being able to use iron sights.
    I purchased a Marbles tang sight for the gun and have yet to mount it. For a knock around rifle, it may be too delicate as well as prone to catch on stuff. Thus my interest in a red dot type.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Interested in your take on the fastfire, rarely get a review from someone not infatuated wit it. On the surface, I like the small size, but NO personal experience.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Interested in your take on the fastfire, rarely get a review from someone not infatuated wit it. On the surface, I like the small size, but NO personal experience.
    I might be thinking of an older version or a different sight, but I would prefer one that does not need to be turned on and off. The Sig Romeo 5 battery lasts a long time and it shuts on and off automatically. It is about half the price as well.
    Don Verna

Super Moderator

I have a Burris FF3 on a model 94AE, I used the rear portion of the Weaver 2pc mount. Works fantastic, BUT you still have to turn it on and off. I'm currently giving thought to figuring out a way to mount my Trijicon Reflex on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    This^^^ I just got a FastFire3 for handgun use but haven't got the mount yet. It's small dimensions seem like a good fit for a 94 while the Eotech is large but- I've no experience with either- either. Watching this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FWIW, the reflex sights I've had all shut off automatically when their removeable protective hood was snapped onto the sight.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

I have the Fastfire3 on a Rossi 92 44 Mag with NOE mount, and a Trijicon RMR on a Rossi 16 inch M92 with the NOE mount. I have the Sig Romeo on ARs and a Ruger 9mm PC carbine. The RMR is the clear winner, but pricey, and the Romeo's are an incredible value for the money. The Burris is a distant third strictly because it requires the on/off switch.
    Tony