Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/22 trigger- DIY route experiences

If my memory is correct (wouldn't bet on it), Ruger owns Pinetree Investment Castings. Back in the day the company I worked for competed with them on commercial work.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Buddy
    Abrasive of various grits work great as long, as previously stated, they are backed by flat surface. Go down to your local hardware and get a couple scrap peices of 1/4 in plate glass. Approx 8x10 and 3x6 inches, take off the sharp edges and corners or just cover with tape, and you have surface as flat as new stone, and flatter than a worked one. Can also use this to flatten worn stones.

Boolit Master
    Not as flat as glass probably , but what works for me is a piece of granite counter top Mine is about 12" X 18" and has a permanent spot on my bench it's where I set my scales when loading and use with sandpaper to wet sand and polish parts or any function where I want a hard flat surface.

Boolit Grand Master
    I emailed Brimstone several times, no reply.
    I went with an adjustable Power Custom match hammer and sear.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

The Rugers with Plastic trigger guard & housing all have MIM parts. I’m not sure about if earlier guns had MIM parts. I went out of business in 91-92 and I sold a ton of 10/22s and aftermarket stuff for them. I don’t think MIM parts were in them yet at this point. The practice of buying the Wally World Special just to get the action was common.

I’ve found by personal experiences that the older 10/22s were more accurate and it wasn’t just the triggers. If your hammer is silver and has a slight web that looks frosted it’s MIM. Dark black with flat surfaces is steel. As far as I’m concerned Ruger has ruined the 10/22 the same way Rem has ruined the 870 and the Marlin line. I wonder how much a unit the company saves by using these materials?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12