Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Thread! Rossi R92

Rossi's? Why yes, I have four! A .45C and three .357's. Love love LOVE 'em! Still can't upload photos for some reason.....

Boolit Master
    A good friend of mine uses a .38 Rossi for Cowboy matches and never has a problem. We shoot a lot of ammo in a match. You might enjoy shootin Cowboy, it's 4 gun. 2 single action pistols, a double barrel shotgun and the lever. Have fun!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Thought I would post a picture of my centerfire lever rifles.
    I have two more lever guns not pictured, a cheap Chinese copy of an 1887 12 gauge shotgun and a Henry 22 rimfire.
    Top rifle is Winchester Model 94, center is Interarms 65 SRC in 44 magnum, and bottom is my new Rossi R92 in 38spl/357magnum.
    Attachment 256021
    Very nice thanks for sharing the picture of your three lever action rifles.
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

I bought a Rossi 357 a few years ago. Only problem I has was that the rear sight was too high for 357's (or the front sight too short) I took a needle file and worked the sight down so it would handle a 357 sight in and it still worked with 38 specials. The early Winchesters that it copied did not handle a wide range of bullet weights. Later I just D&T it for a 94 Williams receiver sight and have been quite satisfied with it ever since. It has seen a few miles on my tractor and 4 wheeler and were it a horse the humane society would take it away form me, but it takes the abuse. Mostly I use 357 cases loaded down to an in between load from 38 special or 357. It likes the 125 grain cast I use. I did take it out once deer hunting but realized that I had better rifles for that use and have not tried it since and really have no desire to use it for that. Just a handy little rifle to have around.

DEP

Boolit Buddy
    Both of my Rossi 92s (357 & 44) have Stevesgunz peeps, extractor springs and steel followers. From the factory, empties almost went into orbit. The new springs fixed that. They mostly get light plinking loads, but my son got his first deer with a stout load in the 357.

Boolit Mold
    I looked at the Rossi 92 but got a Taylors short rifle in 44-40 because it looks and feels identical, right down to the oiled stock, to my Dad's 38-40 made in 1914, except of course for being brand new with an octagon barrel which i do prefer. I also load all my own 44WCF 100 at a time with Black Powder on a Dillon Square Deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12