Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for us

Boolit Buddy

Please pray for us

Evening
    I've been a member on here for a while , bought and sold , chimmed in here and there , reloader, former collegiate air and smallbore shooter, christian, two years ago and for the first time in my life , I meant a woman that I told my mom that I was going to marry, she was one of my physical therapist that taught me to walk again after a surgery went sideways and I spent the prior two plus years not being able to walk seven days a week, she fixed me, we started to date the day I got discharged we joined a church together, I found God , fell in love together and were going to start premarital counseling with our pastor beginning last month. A few weeks ago , she called me and told me that she didn't think we should get married. I'm an ICU nurse and I literally see life and death everyday... And I guess in the big scheme of things , I feel horrible and selfish asking or people to pray for us to get back together ....please pray for us....God Bless

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

I feel your pain, truly. But I also ask myself if this is the road the Lord wants you to walk.

My advice, calm yourself, and then take it to the Lord in prayer. See what he says.

Boolit Master

Prayer sent up
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Hope everything's gonna be alright for you & her, mutually...prayers sent
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    Prayer sent.
    jim

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I feel your pain, truly. But I also ask myself if this is the road the Lord wants you to walk.

My advice, calm yourself, and then take it to the Lord in prayer. See what he says.
    Really good advice. Try to park your emotions and think things through. Even prayers that may seem unanswered are answered.
    Don Verna

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I think Ghost hawk and Dverna have given you excellent advice. Remember those who wait on the Lord get his answers. Pray for God's will in this relationship as I will also pray for you and this nurse.

Boolit Master
    I will pray for the best outcome for both of you in this very critical decision to stay or go. Choosing a life-mate is likely the most important decision you will make. If either of you feels uncomfortable going forward, the likelihood of a crash and burn becomes exponentially increased. As suggested, sit back and take the time to make the best decision for you both. I wish you both the very best of luck going forward.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post

Sage advice there..

She could just be dealing with her own fears; maybe some history there. I will pray for you both.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    Yes yes she’s dealing with her own fears , first hubby was , well if you can think of it he did it .....and I guess a tipping point was , me expressing my concern about paying for his bad deeds....how long can a person continue to pay for someone else’s faults just because they are going to share the same title “ husband” never meant the guy never seen him... but after a couple years how can a person keep blaming me for what he did and expect me to be ok with it ..... when does it stop ?

Boolit Buddy
    Or better yet, when should it stop ?

Boolit Master

Seems she has cold feet because of the EX HUSBAND. She needs to get some good help to get past that stuff. People can carry emotional baggage for a very long time.

Boolit Master

Prayer sent.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Buddy
    I keep rereading this post , great advice ....and I want to say in front of this small world of folks I'll never meet..... Yes, I have faults ... And some faults in this situation are mine too bare , but I acknowledge them in front of her , even begged to go to couples therapy months ago and I'm actually going to another one of our couples therapy sessions tomorrow.....alone

Boolit Buddy
    My prayers are sent for you and your girlfriend, and that the Lord's Will be done for the both of you!

Boolit Buddy
    Just want to say prayers answered .....I can't marry some one that thinks its ok to put a healthy dog to sleep because he can't jump up to her bed anymore
    and someone that can just delete a human from her life .....thanks to all that prayed and listened

Boolit Buddy
    Just want to say prayers answered .....I can't marry some one that thinks its ok to put a healthy dog to sleep because he can't jump up to her bed anymore
    and someone that can just delete a human from her life .....thanks to all that prayed and listened

I think you dodged a bullet, pun intended. God will send the right woman along, trust Him. I was a 29 year old Feral Man when He sent mine to me. We married after knowing each other for 6 months and that was 32 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast