Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: powder shortage???

Banned

They are just trying to fan the PANIC button again to increase prices. I went around to a bunch of local places last weekend and most are short on powders. They all said the same thing " people are buying as fast as it comes in " So, let the shortages begin. Good thing I have an "in" on a commercial loader to get some if it all happens again.

Boolit Master

There's an election coming in a few months. Many people have learned to plan ahead.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Went to the gun show and a man had 2# OF 231 AND 2# WSF FOR $15 a # so I got both and I had just got 8# order of Noble Vectan from Graf's. I have at least 30#of rifle powder so not to worried. I think it will last my lifetime as I turned 80 last year.
    Frank G.

Boolit Buddy
    Recently was looking for some H4198 to use in the 7.62x39, out of stock every place I checked. My youngest son and I decided to go gunshop hopping yesterday, mainly "window shopping", but you can never tell what you might come across. We are a few miles sw of Houston but would rather drive a hundred miles the other direction when shopping. The first shop we stopped at has been in business forever and had always sold reloading supplies. Got to talking to the owner and he said they were no longer stocking any reloading supplies, not enough sales. He had 4 pounds of H4198 and 1 pound of H4831 so I picked up 2 pounds of 4198. He said if I bought all he had he would knock of 10%. All of it came home with us. The next shop had about every powder in the world in stock except H4198. We drove another 40 miles to the third shop and closed, dang it. At any rate we did well.

Boolit Master
    I'll be 72 in a few months so I have been through several shortages of primers, powder and other components. My first was primers around 1975 or so. That taught me a lesson that I have not forgotten. I have in stock more powder, primers, brass, bullets, 22lr, and lead than I will need for the rest of my days. I also have my own range for recovering my lead. I know some can't afford to go out and buy several thousand dollars of loading stuff all at once but they should be buying what they can when they can. That's what I had to do for most of my life. Those that can afford and don't stock up I have no sympathy for.

Boolit Grand Master

After the last shortage, many of us learned our lesson. Some didn't. Doom on you if you don't have enough on hand.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Mold
    We have powder and primer shortages over here because of the dang Californians coming over the border and buying it up because of their idiotic governor and state congress. luckily I have pretty decent stock right now , but geez

I refused to pay $30 for a lb of IMR4198 for a year. After it went to $32 I bought it. I never saw it anywhere else... I've got enough of everything else to last a while except Red Dot - one more lb of that will last a few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12