Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Needed: Gunsmith with manufacturers's license

Boolit Mold

Needed: Gunsmith with manufacturers's license

To manufacture a small, one-off pistol frame, using a manual mill. The material to be used will be 17-4 Stainless. Thanks.

Boolit Master

If you do the work yourself and don't sell it you don't need a license. Same holds true for converting a black powder pistol to take a cartridge. The owner can cut the frame for a loading gate but a gunsmith can't unless he has a manufacturing license, then it would also need to be registered as a firearm.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks John. You did the extended barrel reline on my Beretta 950 last year. Back to the frame: I don't have the equipment or the skills to do the job. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

there is many guys around that do 80% AR-15 lowers with a mill, If you look around one may help you do it but doing it and ship it to you would be out of the question. from your user name you are to far from me.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by dh2 View Post
    there is many guys around that do 80% AR-15 lowers with a mill, If you look around one may help you do it but doing it and ship it to you would be out of the question. from your user name you are to far from me.
    Thanks.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    If you do the work yourself and don't sell it you don't need a license. Same holds true for converting a black powder pistol to take a cartridge. The owner can cut the frame for a loading gate but a gunsmith can't unless he has a manufacturing license, then it would also need to be registered as a firearm.
    Check with your state regulations first. I know when I lived in NJ you could not make your own without a license. Even converting an 80% is illegal.

Boolit Master

If you're building a 1911 frame, there's a bunch of rail-cutting/barrel-seating/pinhole drilling templates available in the market both for single & double stack.
    Watch mosinvirus on youtube, he's got a bunch of builds using these DIY tools.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonian View Post
    To manufacture a small, one-off pistol frame, using a manual mill. The material to be used will be 17-4 Stainless. Thanks.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Sig556r. I'll have a look.