Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: 350 rem form die

Boolit Buddy

350 rem form die

I been wanting a 350 rem mag rifle for some time but can not find brass I seen that the redding trim die in 350 rem can form 7mm rem into 350rem does this work most of my remingtons will not chamber brass that has been fire in other guns with out a small bass die

Boolit Grand Master
    I think my LGS has a bag of brass. Not cheap though. Probably around $80 for a bag of 50

When my 358 Norma was a 350 Rem, I used 300 Win brass. You have to wipe off the lube fron the shoulder area or you will get some serious dents in the shoulder I started with the seater die for the 1st pass, because it has a more generous tolerance. Take it slow, I got my best results in 3 passes, wiping the shoulder every time and trimming ALMOST to length after the 1st or 2nd pass. It's a PITA, and that is why my rifle is not a 358 Norma and because my rifle smith(Jimmy McCoullough ) had a reamer and does killer work. Milltownhunter, If your rifle is a long action, the 358 Norma is a lot easier to form and you can always load it down to 350 Rem speeds. Just my 2 cents worth.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Nosler lists .350 Mag. though they are currently out of stock.

I use RCBS FL dies MOSTLY though I do have other brands. I have many sets and I have no chambers that require a small base die.

I have formed a few .350 Mag cases with a RCBS FL die without event.
    Were I to form a lot of them I would use one of my .33 Win form dies or a 38-56 form die to get a large diameter neck pushed back before using a FL die.

Just a little input based on observation from one day at the range.
    I have an unscoped Browning BLR in .358 Win and a M70 Win in .375 H&H.
    I shot both at the range one day. In the light BLR I shot 250 grain bullets. In the heavier .375 I shot 235 and 270 grain bullets. It was my impression that the .375 was more pleasant to shoot than the BLR.

Quote Originally Posted by milltownhunter View Post
    I been wanting a 350 rem mag rifle for some time but can not find brass I seen that the redding trim die in 350 rem can form 7mm rem into 350rem does this work most of my remingtons will not chamber brass that has been fire in other guns with out a small bass die
    Last edited by EDG; 02-02-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master
    I wonder if reforming 338 wm brass would work easier?

OR you could find some 6.5 Remington brass and just expand the neck. My BIL does that. Very easy.

ACC

Well it looks easy.

ACC

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    I wonder if reforming 338 wm brass would work easier?
    That would be easier than my experience with 300 win brass. I use 338’s for my Norma and they work just fine with 1 pass through the sizer.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I've made 350 brass from 338 using a RCBS FL 350 sizing die.
    Just pull the decapper/expander assembly, lube the cases and then run them into the die to the shell holder.

Boolit Master

Ive had a 350 mag since 1976 ,I also use a trim die to make casings , using the trim die first , then trim brass and resize in regular 350 mag sizer die.
    I have tried 7mag and 300 mag brass all work but 338 win mag is the best/easyist to make casings with.
    I just saw somewhere in catilogs new 350 mag casings are available through mail order

Boolit Master

I made a few 350 Rem Mag out of 7mm Rem Mag using a Redding trim die, just to prove I could do it. It turned out to be a lot more work than I thought it would be. One pass into the trim die, hack off necks, run through a full length sizer, trim cases, outside turn necks. The next time Remington made a run of 350 brass, I bought a lifetime supply.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.