Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Maine moose lottery now open

Boolit Master

Maine moose lottery now open

I'm providing this link in case anyone is interested in applying for a permit to hunt moose in Maine. Chances of being drawn aren't great but there is always hope.
    https://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting-tr...se-permit.html
    Maineboy

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    It’s on my bucket list. The bad part is if I put in for the draw I’d have nowhere to hunt anyways if I bought the winning lottery ticket. Thanks for the heads up!

Boolit Buddy
    It is a lot of fun if you get drawn. My cousin and I bagged a 600# young bull back in October. Lots of meat in the freezer from that hunt.

Boolit Master

Won my Maine Moose permit in 1997, shot a bull around 700 lbs. He was delicious and it was aa great hunt.

Boolit Buddy
    A Maine moose hunt can be an awesome experience. I've been fortunate enough to draws tags in the lottery twice and to go with my dad when he was drawn as well. In my opinion the experience is best enjoyed when done with friends or family. Teamwork is essential because there are significant logistical considerations beyond just shooting a moose. The work really begins after you shoot. I speak from experience when I say that Maineboy is both a great guy and a great partner on a moose hunt.
    Jason

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JRD View Post
    A Maine moose hunt can be an awesome experience. I've been fortunate enough to draws tags in the lottery twice and to go with my dad when he was drawn as well. In my opinion the experience is best enjoyed when done with friends or family. Teamwork is essential because there are significant logistical considerations beyond just shooting a moose. The work really begins after you shoot. I speak from experience when I say that Maineboy is both a great guy and a great partner on a moose hunt.
    Jason
    Well thank you Jason, I had a great time hunting with you, your dad, and Jeff.
    Maineboy

My then 80year old dad shot a young bull in 2013. We went the guide route and hunted the Allagash. In 3 1/2 days we saw 40 moose. If you go bring a shotgun in case you get one early the grouse are like pigeons up there. A great memory I will treasure until my final breath.

Boolit Master

Amen to that! I did the guide route also with my nephews. After bagging the bull we spent a couple of lovely days bird hunting, Pat's and woodcock. The woodcock flights were in and it was huge I limited out 2 days in a row with my flintlock fowler, never have had hunting days like that before or since!