Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a new lube

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    Thinking of changing lube from LBT, Its just got to be too much hassle waiting on a response and shipment from them. Who makes a lube as good or better? im not interested in making my own.Thanks
    I found WLL Carnauba Red to be a great lube for many rifle and high pressure handgun gun applications. Where it came short for me was lower pressure/velocity and cold weather. I used it on everything from 45 acp to 30-06 with no problems, but it is definitely designed and performs best as a rifle lube.

Instead I tried a handful, and found TAC-1 from Randy rat to be the best lube for me. I don't yet know if it is the best for rifles, but it works better on handguns. Plus it was designed with cold weather in mind. So far so good, I've seen no change in accuracy in any temperature, and if there is a cold bore flier, it takes a better gun than I have to see it.

Boolit Man
    Saw this thread and just ordered another 10 sticks of Special Blend from White Label Lube, even though I have a bunch of sticks still sitting around from a previous order with them. Now that the weather's getting nice I gotta get outside and start casting again! Supporting their operation during these tough times is a no-brainer.

Boolit Buddy
    I switched to Bens Liquid Lube and won't use any other lube. Just lube with one
    coat for pistol bullets and three coats for rifle bullets. I shoot some pretty stout
    loads and never get any leading. Easy to do.

I've used White Label's Carnuba Red with excellent results . I have 2 sticks of 2500 and 1 of them in the sizer now . I will do some testing and see how it performs during Silhouette matches once things open back up . If no dice with the 2500 , it will be Carnuba Red .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

I bought some one pound blocks of lube from WLL. I was pan lubing and switched to using Lyman/Ideal 45 lube sizer. Boy do I have a supply of lubes now, do to the low use compared to filling pans . I use and love DGL for black powder. I don't know if it is as good or better than SPG. DGL simply cost much less and works great. DGL is not available anymore. When my DGL supply runs out I will be switching to WLL for sure.
    Here are a couple of things I tried that work for me, my guns and loads.
    50/50 lube: Shooting subsonic loads in a 357 magnum rifle I found lube in the grooves of recovered bullets . I added mineral oil to the 50/50 lube making it softer. The same load then created a lube star on the rifles muzzle and fliers disappeared from 10 groups on paper at 100 yards.
    BAC Lube: For medium pressure/velocity loads in the same 357 magnum rifle BAC didn't seem stiff enough. I was getting an evenly distributed lead smear in the bore after 15 of more shots. With very little trial and error I found that adding 1/3 by volume of WLL Carnauba Red stiffened the BAC , but still much softer than Carnauba Red alone. The lead wash in the bore went away. Did I create something akin to 2500+ ?
    Carnauba Red: Same 357 magnum rifle, for a 158gr hard cast bullet sitting on top of a case full of H110 WLL Carnauba Red is excellent .
    AND when I was just starting to cast for smokeless loads I spoke to Lars. He gave me some helpful advice and was a pleasure to deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12