MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Muzzleloading hunting has officially gone too far!

I've come to enjoy muzzleloaders with rifling designed to work with lubed lead and paper patched and patched round ball. Only just enough twist to get the job done. Got a .386 bore lined little half stock to play with now. Would like to have one for .41 round ball but .38 ball is OK.

I agree this "FIRESTICK" is not what I call a muzzleloader powder even though it will appeal to some but not to me at all that's taking all of the old time fun out of muzzleloading hunting IMO

Wait a minute fellas I am using a CVA Optima V2 LR with a scope I don't mean to be a Hyprocite I am very sorry fellas I didn't mean to do that

Banned

the contention about the "firestick muzzleloader" (and other such contraptions) is that it's called a "muzzleloader" because the projectile can only be loaded via the muzzle. loading the powder and primer (both employed in a projectile-less cartridge) via the breech is considered a "convenience". so it's touted as a "muzzleloader of convenience" (for lazy-butt people). this is akin to the "airbow" - touted as a "crossbow without the inconvenience of an actual bow or bowstring", because it's actually an air rifle that spits out bolts (arrows) instead of pellets or bullets. oh the imagination of yankee ingenuity to make up this stupid stuff, and the stupid consumers who actually buy into it all.