Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: I broke My High Point 995.... The sequel

Boolit Master

I broke My High Point 995.... The sequel

Today was the day that My Carbine was returned to me. It came Fed-EX and was delivered intact and well packaged the second day after it left the repair depot / factory, Stassel's Machine. I opened the box and it looks new. The only indications of it being the same gun are the serial number and there are some scratches near the muzzle from the front sight screws. There is some soot in the breech area from testfiring. There are 4 new magazines, I only sent three in, there is a new sling strap and swivels, there is a new lock.Everything is tight on the stock, difficult to disassemble tight, like new. Apparently it had loosened up a lot over the years, but it is tight now. The receiver cover is new and now has the name " Stassell's Machine " stamped on it and looks powder coated rather than blued as before. The bolt moves stiffly, like it has brand new springs, and will need to be broken in. I am happy with it so far, not having shot it yet. But.... there is also an new manual page in the box and there are some things printed there that are "new" as far as I can tell. You are cautioned to only use factory ammo in good condition ( ha! ), the warranty now seems to only apply to original owners, You must send in the original sales recipt to prove you are the original owner, Stassel's Machine will not honor any second or subsequent owners claim for warranty service. ..... So I guess I may have witnessed the end of an era here. I was truthful on my application stating via Checkmark that I was not the original owner so I think this may be brand new requirements coming out. I need to go shoot it now and do not expect any problems, but time will always tell.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	255662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	255663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	255664Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	255665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	255666
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes Manufacturers will honor more than what is stated in their Warranty contract. (like Ruger does)
    Hi Point/Stassell's Machine probably just tightened up their warranty wording so they could refuse requested work for obvious fraud or whatever. But that's just a guess, like you say...time will tell.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned
    High point gives great service .
    There's a better then average possibility they just took a new carbine and put your old serial number on it instead of fixing your old one .

Boolit Master

I want one. It's an ugly rifle but golly do I want it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	255689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	255690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	255691

It shoots. These were blasting groups fired quickly testing function. It was fun!! I fired about 150 rounds at 25 yds, just blasting and I am happy with the results. The target at the left is about 50 rounds of PC 125 lee sized 357 with 4.8 gr clays international. It is a stiff load I will not load that stiff again I think. but it produced the best group. The middle target is the same bullet with 4.3 gr of the clays international and is milder . The target at the right isa 105 gr nominal semiwad cutter over the 4.8 gr load. these tended to nose dive on the first round from the magazine but after that seemed to feed fine.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 01-30-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Great
    Please keep these reports coming
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Moderator Emeritus

From their website C9 manual download...

"Subject to the terms, conditions and limitations outlined below, Strassell’s Machine,
    Inc. guarantees your Hi-Point pistol against defects in materials and workmanship that
    adversely affect its operation for life, regardless of whether or not you are the original
    purchaser.
    Warranty does not cover loss or theft."

Boolit Grand Master

I think MaryB is right. Maybe the new terms you see, you have either read incorrectly or only apply to firearms that have been sent in for repair.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I would certainly like to think that the old warranty would remain in effect but the verbiage on the pages they sent with my carbine is pretty clear and in red for emphasis."Factory ammo in good condition, and original owner gets warranty service ", in several places. I scanned the page in but could not get it to upload so I could post it. I am not trying to argue here but only passing on what I am seeing. As I stated , I think this may be a brand new policy change put in place by the new owners. I would be happy to e-mail out the pages or copies to snail mail.

Having said all that. I have disassembled the carbine for cleaning and found that the receiver and barrel are original and all other small parts and springs and the slide are new. The bore is shiny and is showing no sign of lead or residue from the PC coating, only good black carbon fouling came out on the patches. Now I guess the next step is to get casting and see if I can wear it out again.

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	255730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	255731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	255733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	255734

I could not upload scans but I could upload JPG pictures. So here are some excerpts taken with my trusty camera.

I LIKE IKE