Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tactical levergun Henry X

Boolit Master

New tactical levergun Henry X

I guess we all have seen that other tacticool levergun, mossberg. what a hideous thing.

Here is a video on Henry' take on tactical lever gun.
    I think it is not bad. As far as looks it is a long way ahead of the mossberg.
    What you think??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2NTvrgS4A

Banned
    I like the concept. I am not going to buy one, at least not right away.

But I like the innovation that Henry is showing. Rossi has added something similar to their line up as well.

https://rossiusa.com/?prod_leveracti...s-triple-black

The more offerings we see the more the companies compete. And that is good for us.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master

Going to buy one as soon as i can.

Boolit Master
    Fantastic offering take the tactical away you have practical.....that’s why I want one in 45-70 ......

eewww

Boolit Grand Master
    Makes more sense to chamber in .30/30 and turn it into a scout rifle...better than a bolt action IMHO. .30/30 gives a flatter trajectory and enough power for most things that need killing while having acceptable recoil. I like the concept of a dot sight as well. The new generation sight offerings seem like a better option than the forward mounted low power scope that Cooper spec'ed.

Gibson had a thread on LEVERevolution that showed what the old .30/30 can do with this powder...coupled with the Horandy FTX bullet and it is quite a package. But even with cast, it would be effective at most practical ranges.

I have no use for lights or lasers so multiple rails are of no interest. Need to mount something like a Sig Romeo 5 and that is about all.

Depends on the price point of this offering, but I expect a "normal" lever action can be modified for a lot less. I have an old M94 I picked up for $135 that would be a good candidate. It has a bit of rust so I won't be worried about dragging it around.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I guess we all have seen that other tacticool levergun, mossberg. what a hideous thing.

Here is a video on Henry' take on tactical lever gun.
    I think it is not bad. As far as looks it is a long way ahead of the mossberg.
    What you think??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2NTvrgS4A
    what is it with the wannabe army guy mentality in the US ? its starting to infect our city based gunshops too - sad really.

Boolit Master

If Illinois would allow us to hunt with a rifle, I would have one. Should weigh less, rain and snow will not hurt the stock and my red dot that I have used since they were introduced would fit it well. It is not that attractive, but it is a utilitarian tool.

I'm not against plastic stocks and rust resistant finishes on a utility lever action, but threaded muzzles, rails, and telescoping stocks leave me cold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Whole concept is wrong and the end product i's ugly. BUT if it gets sales for Henry, and keeps them making rifles..

That i like.

I just don't know why everyone now days says "hey, that needs a red dot"

Boolit Mold
    I like the looks on their website. 1:20 twist in 44 magnum!

Boolit Grand Master
    If somebody likes it, I'm for it. The more the merrier.

Boolit Buddy
    I guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla. If that blows your skirt up, go for it. I'll pass. Kind of like putting GPS on a covered wagon. Either way, henry makes a good rifle. I still want regular henry in 4570.
    Siamese4570

I'm with TBG on this one. But like the rest of their guns, a little expensive for my taste also.

It ain't as bad as I thought it be when I read the title . Don't really have any problems with it except those stupid rails on the fore end . ImO they should have just put a couple more Mlok slots on it and the owner can rail it up as he or she chooses , for the most part it just looks like a Marlin with a ramline synthetic stock and a rattle can matte black paint job so really nothing New
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Nope, not for me. At least it doesn’t have the telescoping stock. Reddit sits too high or the open sights are useless, no way the comb hight works for both. Glad it’s there for those how like it, but I’ll pass.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Reckon Henry is just prepositioning itself for the semi-auto bans?

Boolit Grand Master

It looks like a great offering to me. Tactical, military? It's just a lever action in a plastic stock. Look at what you have. It is the same Henry lever action, but with the addition of a side loading gate that so many had been waiting for (not me). It has improved fiber optic sights. The standard buckhorn sights are not that easy to use. And the icing on the cake is that the barrel is threaded for a suppressor. If you don't like synthetic stocks, put the wood stocks on. I prefer the large loop lever, but this X model lever is improved over the tiny standard one. If you don't like the balance of the BigBoy carbine (16.5" barrel) or the rifle (20" barrel), the X BigBoy fits in the middle at 17.5".

I'm not looking to buy one, but if I were looking for a hunting rifle, it would be hard to not pick the X in either 45-70 or 44 magnum (now with 1:20 twist!).

Very nice thanks for sharing the link video.
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

Boolit Master
    I actually think the 357 is the one I a, going to get. I have the brass version this will be a much better truck gun in 357.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast